Complete Iowa vs EIU Two Deeps

Per usual KF is in no hurry to clear up any questions we had on a few position battles

Last edited:
Three questions...

1) When you see PlayerA OR PlayerB it means they either interchangable, or they will both play depending on formations/personell groups.

2) Does this do anything to dismiss or confirm the injury to Gettis?

3) Are you suprised to see Hyde and Castillo above Bernstien?

Interesting to see Ballard at Binns' end spot. Daniels is that best guy beyond the top four and he is a DT, so I guess it makes sense. Just that Ballard had a little problem getting his pads too high last year at tackle. Hope his time at end doesn't start encouraging the same tendency this year.

Interesting to see Ballard at Binns' end spot. Daniels is that best guy beyond the top four and he is a DT, so I guess it makes sense. Just that Ballard had a little problem getting his pads too high last year at tackle. Hope his time at end doesn't start encouraging the same tendency this year.

I take this as a very good thing. It's kind of like our O-Line philosophy, we want the 4 best guys in there. They obviously think our DLine might be better with Ballad at the end and Daniels in the middle, at least until Binns returns.

Bernstine = officially equals 4* bust.

This a BS post. He is as junior that has missed a lot of injury time. If he has a pick six vs OSU to beat the Buckeyes in Kinnick and preserve a perfect season as that is the game winner, you gonna say that? Let's play it out...and then, let's be respectful of people that are putting in just as much work as the starters.

Or, you can take your act somewhere else

This a BS post. He is as junior that has missed a lot of injury time. If he has a pick six vs OSU to beat the Buckeyes in Kinnick and preserve a perfect season as that is the game winner, you gonna say that? Let's play it out...and then, let's be respectful of people that are putting in just as much work as the starters.

owned-badhair.jpg

pwned-catkick.jpg

Three questions...

1) When you see PlayerA OR PlayerB it means they either interchangable, or they will both play depending on formations/personell groups.

To answer #3, yes I was surprised. Nobody ever said the battle was between Castillo and Hyde. Anyway, I'm sure he'll see the field a lot. Plus our safety depth looks really week, so you never know. He was recruited as a safety.

Alright, I agree the tone of my comment was not cool.

I guess I was just surprised to see that Bernstine has apparently slipped to third string at the corner position, considering that Prater will be the starter when he gets healthy.

Three questions...

1- at WR or RB, the "or" usually means both will play and fairly equal. In DJK's situation, maybe it is tradition or habit :) With OL at Center, I assume they may rotate series but personally dont think that is desirable at the Center position. I think we will know who is definite number one by ISU game.

2) My guess is this 2-deep was written before injury situation known. If injured as rumored, he may not play against EIU.

3) Somewhat surprised that Bernstine not moved over but others are saying Castillo has had very good camp. Will see what actually happens during the game.

Bernstine = officially equals 4* bust.

Perhaps not being listed as a starter is the punishment he faces for his involvement in the Hampton incident this summer. No suspension, but no start either. I am just speculating is all. We don't know if there was anything to his involvement, or if coach felt there was some sort of punishment to be dealt. Something to maybe consider when seeing he is not listed ahead of Castillo.

Omg hahah...it's like there's some kind of game going on between DJK and the coaching staff. Still not listed as the clear starter? I bet they're doing it just to motivate him.

Omg hahah...it's like there's some kind of game going on between DJK and the coaching staff. Still not listed as the clear starter? I bet they're doing it just to motivate him.

Maybe the coaches and DJK agreed to this just to mess with us

Latest posts