Comments from Pro Agent who represents former Iowa players

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Jack Betcha tweeted these:

clients Moeaki and Angerer both want to train with Doyle in the off season as well. says a lot!

and

everyone of my iowa clients i spoke with 110% supportive of coach Doyle and his program. thye all did the same exact workout more than once

Something is different. To say nothing is different is burying ones head in the sand. We can't say this is isolated incident when 13 people are affected when it's never happened before. This isnt to say, at this time, somebody is negligent. Maybe, just maybe, 7-5 isn't acceptable

The only fault I find there is that the former players don't know that it was the exact same workout. It could very easily have been more intense than usual.

More intense? Numbers are numbers. They were timed with known weights. How could you not correlate similarities?

The sets, weights, and times have been reported. They are known. So what is the unknown outlier? I don't get it. Are we just hanging onto the hope that someone screwed up so we can play the blame game?

More intense? Numbers are numbers. They were timed with known weights. How could you not correlate similarities?

The sets, weights, and times have been reported. They are known. So what is the unknown outlier? I don't get it. Are we just hanging onto the hope that someone screwed up so we can play the blame game?

Who says there wasn't more to the workout than just the lifts? Bernstine said that it was the most intense workout he's ever been through at Iowa. That would suggest it was more rigorous than the one that former players went through, correct?

No. That suggests it was fresh in his mind and maybe he wasn't ready for it. Like I said, the weights (percentages of max), reps, and times have been documented. I'm not sure how you stray too far from those facts.

Who says there wasn't more to the workout than just the lifts? Bernstine said that it was the most intense workout he's ever been through at Iowa. That would suggest it was more rigorous than the one that former players went through, correct?

When was he recruited? I think Ballard said they hadn't done this particular workout since after the 2006 season (Jan of 2007)

Does anyone remember a couple months ago when the DJK arrest was announced and everyone thought that half the football team was on drugs? Why do so many want to chase their imaginations? And why do people complain that KF didn't return to IC from his recruiting trip when this recent story broke, and then would complain about losing recruits if he did? Does anyone use logic-check before posting on this forum?

Does anyone remember a couple months ago when the DJK arrest was announced and everyone thought that half the football team was on drugs? Why do so many want to chase their imaginations? And why do people complain that KF didn't return to IC from his recruiting trip when this recent story broke, and then would complain about losing recruits if he did? Does anyone use logic-check before posting on this forum?

As mentioned in another thread, if even just one parent thought Ferentz should have come back, then he should have come back. I believe that I read he was visiting 2012 recruits, though that might not be correct (but if it was, losing a couple days isn't going to kill the recruitment by any stretch).

As mentioned in another thread, if even just one parent thought Ferentz should have come back, then he should have come back. I believe that I read he was visiting 2012 recruits, though that might not be correct (but if it was, losing a couple days isn't going to kill the recruitment by any stretch).
And you know this from your extensive recruiting experience?

And you know this from your extensive recruiting experience?

You're kidding, right? You tell a kid that you have a whole other year to work on that you need to get back because you have players in the hospital, do you really think that that player (or his parents, for that matter) will lose respect for him? If he does, that's not the kind of attitude I'd want on the team to begin with.

I would like that agent more if his name was Hugh Betcha

Posted this on a different forum but do you think Kirk comes back from his trip if HIS kid is one of the players in the hospital? If he would do it for his own kid then he should have done it for the kids whose parents trust him with their well being while they are at college at Iowa.

Latest posts