Comedian Bill Burr rants about Stanford band

HawkeyeBriGuy

One of my favorite comedians, Bill Burr, went to the Rose Bowl game and talked about his experience on his podcast called "The Monday Morning Podcast." In the podcast he brought up the Stanford Band and expressed his displeasure towards them and tossed in some jokes.

When you click on the link it should be the first one (1-4-2016). The time runs from about 24:45-28:30. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/themonday-morning-podcast

Man, this guy must be from the 50's or something according to some around here.....

He is spot on though, that band is just a bunch of hipsters that are actually just nerds who want to be hipsters.

Last edited:
I thought his distinction between nerds and hipsters was a good one - hipsters just like to mock things, but have no plan on how to make anything better or improve on something.

Man, this guy must be from the 50's or something according to some around here.....

He is spot on though, that band is just a bunch of hipsters that are actually just nerds who want to be hipsters.

Hey pal, you don't have to pine for the 50's to despise hipsters.

Especially hipsters who suck at trolling.

I for one am proud to say we were punked. Stanford doesn't punk just anyone. Hell, Stanford Band is still kicked out of Disneyland.

I dont mind the Stanford band and you have to wonder how tongue in cheek they are also. The band probably doesnt take their own selves very seriously.

At the same time I am not thin skinned about our state and how many great people and great things have been developed here.

Latest posts