Colts release Bob Sanders

vikes...vikes....vikes!! In my opinion the reason he is hurt all the time is because he has to practice during the week. At Iowa he never practiced and never got hurt :)

Can't blame them. I absolutely love how this guy plays, I just wish he could stay healthy. His motor is too big for his frame. DA BEARS!!

The Bears could really use a safety in the shoes of Mike Brown.. who also could not stay healthy.

Should be interesting to see where he lands/

It makes me sad but I don't blame them. Hopefully he can find a home and STAY HEALTHY for a season or two.

I hope he seriously considers retiring. He could obviously help some team. But with the way he plays and the number of injuries he's suffered, he's going to likely have serious long-term health issues and he may be shortening his life span.

Bears dont need another Mike Brown, the one how looks like a pro bowler for 3 games and then gets hurt for the year.. on repeat for 5 years in a row

But that defense would be nasty with peppers, urlacher, briggs,tillman and a helathy sanders

I hope he seriously considers retiring. He could obviously help some team. But with the way he plays and the number of injuries he's suffered, he's going to likely have serious long-term health issues and he may be shortening his life span.

Not to mention shortening HIMSELF. I read somewhere that he's shrunk like 2 inches since coming into the league. It's not uncommon for guys to have that happen to them, but in Bob's case, it's happened at an alarming rate. With the way he hits, he's compressed his spine that much in just 4 seasons (basically, with all the injuries).

I love watching the guy play, but he really should think long and hard about hanging it up.

Would not surprise me to see him with the Cowboys next year. I'd love to see him added to the GB secondary though. Think about all the db's they bring off the edge. Who do you key on?

What are all of you guys smoking. I love the guy, but he has played in only nine regular season games in the last three years (since the big deal was signed), because he can't stay healthy. He is done.

He was lucky that he had a great agent and a team that was willing to open up the check book as a reward for his being healthy down the stretch in the season they won the Super Bowl. MANY teams would never have thought of giving him the contract they gave him after that season, based upon his inability to stay on the field. It is a business and they didn't get any bang for their buck after that contract was signed and it wasn't too hard to predict that in advance of the deal, either.

I love the guy, but those are facts. When he was in there and healthy he was no doubt great. But that never happened. Heck, he only played more than six games twice in seven seasons. His body, as far as playing in the NFK goes, is shot.

We can only hope he isn't one of those guys that will have MAJOR health problems in retirement.

vikes...vikes....vikes!! In my opinion the reason he is hurt all the time is because he has to practice during the week. At Iowa he never practiced and never got hurt :)

actually he was hurt quite frequently while at the University of Iowa. He missed games i'm pretty sure for his "foot," while playing for the hawks. He had foot problems a lot while at Iowa.

His style fits well in Pittsburgh. Could you imagine have Bob at SS and Troy P. at FS. Look out over the middle!

Latest posts