Colter will play saturday

Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune reported that Mark will not play, but that Colter is "day to day" and probably will play. Colter will not be 100%. One hit to that ankle and I think he's done again.

That is what it seems like will happen. Did you see something today stated that?

Scott Dochterman of the Gazette got a quote from Colter saying he's not 100% but he is going to play. Greenstein reported yesterday that he saw Colter at open practice and he looked very good so take that for what it's worth.

Scott Dochterman of the Gazette got a quote from Colter saying he's not 100% but he is going to play. Greenstein reported yesterday that he saw Colter at open practice and he looked very good so take that for what it's worth.

It's tough to take anything Greenstein says about the cats seriously. He is thee biggest cats homer. By comparison, he'd make some Hawk homers on here look like tavern Hoks.

Is anyone really surprised? I never thought he wouldn't play. Fitzy hates Iowa too much to keep his best offensive player on the bench.

Is anyone really surprised? I never thought he wouldn't play. Fitzy hates Iowa too much to keep his best offensive player on the bench.

And if he's still hurting Fitzy's arrogance may be his undoing. I actually hope they bring in a less than 100% Colter.

And if he's still hurting Fitzy's arrogance may be his undoing. I actually hope they bring in a less than 100% Colter.

I think Iowa's run defense is better this year than it was last year. I know some will look to Braxton Miller but Cain Colter couldn't hold Miller's jock strap. He's not nearly as good of a passer and when he's in the game you can bring the safeties up because they run the ball nearly 2/3 of the time when he's in the game.

Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune reported that Mark will not play, but that Colter is "day to day" and probably will play. Colter will not be 100%. One hit to that ankle and I think he's done again.

so for god sakes...put some pressure on him, make him scramble. Do NOT let him stand back there and throw.

so for god sakes...put some pressure on him, make him scramble. Do NOT let him stand back there and throw.

Colter isn't their throwing quarterback. They've used two quarterbacks all year long. Siemian is their passing quarterback. That's why I think if Colter comes in, you play press coverage on the corners and move a safety into the box and dare him to beat you over the top. Iowa used this strategy pretty well against Iowa St and their gimpy quarterback.

After reading some threads on sbnation's "sippin on purple", NW writers and fans are mostly concerned with their team's blocking at the point of attack. How does our defense stack up against their OL? I expect to see some physicality from our front 7 to overcome blocks.

Hammer Colter very hard...early and often. He is the key to the game for NW...without him, they will lose.

Latest posts