Colter will play saturday

Colter flat out beat us to the edge last year...hopefully he is hit hard early and more dinged so that slows him down. The D-ends must contain this year. Losing Dom is big for this game...Hardy seems tough, but slower..not good. Get Meiers out there early and often.

they are, of course, all jacked up to play the Hawks.

“We’re coming back with more pi$$ and vinegar this week,†Vitale said, “and I think you can see it in practice. The energy is a lot better. We are hungrier than ever.â€
At 4-3 and 0-3 in the Big Ten, this team is desperate for a victory.
“It’s gut-check time,†Colter said. “It’s all about pride now; we’re not worried about long-term goals."

Oh, and they've won 6 of last 8.

Thank you... I Have been excited to se faith play. Expected to see him sooner this year

Without looking up the actual quote,(I might in a bit) I think Kirk said that Faith is "in the mix" when he was asked specifically about Ekaktie. Wouldn't bet the farm on him being a factor on Saturday.

I think Iowa's run defense is better this year than it was last year. I know some will look to Braxton Miller but Cain Colter couldn't hold Miller's jock strap. He's not nearly as good of a passer and when he's in the game you can bring the safeties up because they run the ball nearly 2/3 of the time when he's in the game.

I agree on Colter not holding Miller's jock strap...doesn't seem the type either. That being said, have you seen our safeties tackle or at least one safety...name of Miller? I'm not talking about the tackle where Hyde spun out and scored...I'm talking about a few other Hyde runs where Miller came up and completely whiffed. I watched the tape again...geez...dude, you can't miss those tackles. I have to admit...Lowdermilk has improved greatly. The play he made in the end zone in the first half to break up that pass was pretty damn impressive. He elevated and got to the ball at the high point, but didn't necessarily rip it out. He did however get there and in effect made the play and stopped a touchdown. He's going to get alot better. If I'm Parker...I'd be questioning some things this week at the safety spot.

True dat Miller's epic failed tackle attempt against OSU running back gave him the highlight reel last week.

Run a freakin' 3-4 defense against these guys. I believe Kirk's excuse for not running a 3-4 has been that the Hawks don't have a big guy for the nose, but I think Carl Davis fits that role...

NW got healthier during this week. Their top d-tackle, Sean McEvilly, who has been out since Sept 14, was listed as out early in the week on Ftiz's injury report, but now he has said he will be ready to go...late in the week switch to mess with the Iowa staff. McEvilly is a key guy for NW's run defense, which has been bad without him. This game just got a lot tougher, with both McEvilly and Colter back...NW is as healthy as they have been in 6 weeks. It is like Braxton Miller getting healthy vs Iowa after struggling up to that point....Hawks cannot catch a break.

NW got healthier during this week. Their top d-tackle, Sean McEvilly, who has been out since Sept 14, was listed as out early in the week on Ftiz's injury report, but now he has said he will be ready to go...late in the week switch to mess with the Iowa staff. McEvilly is a key guy for NW's run defense, which has been bad without him. This game just got a lot tougher, with both McEvilly and Colter back...NW is as healthy as they have been in 6 weeks. It is like Braxton Miller getting healthy vs Iowa after struggling up to that point....Hawks cannot catch a break.

Hawks need to create their own breaks........not count on "catching a break" due to other teams injuries.
I look forward to both teams being at close to full strength when they play tomorrow even though Mark's will not see action.

I just hope we can contain Colteron the busted plays he had a field day on us last yr. I wonder if Ferentz will put a spy on him this yr. We don't need him running for big plays again this yr. GO HAWKS!

The biggest concern I have ISN'T our talent versus theirs it's been out-coached yet again on game day.

Ed Podolak says he looks very mobile in pregame warm ups. His ankle is wrapped up so tight that he can hardly move. Don't sell out on him, and when they do get a shot on him tackle him very low.

Latest posts