Collin Bevins

More than a century since your last conference title. No Big 12 titles ever. Your team hasn't won more than three bowls games ever. Your team hasn't won 7 games twice in a decade in forever. You barely beat the worst Iowa team in a decade with the best ISU team in a decade....Ummm excuse me but where does your Ronald McDonald cockiness come from?

BOOM. Roasted.

^this. Isu is historically one of the worst football programs in the country. I can recall them being mocked in the annual playboy edition of worst football programs. I don't read for the articles however.

Yet, my team continues to beat your team. Interesting, isn't it?

And yet, you live here. Who says it's a "myth" that clones define themselves through their relationship to IOWA. You're a living example.

------^this. Isu is historically one of the worst football programs in the country. I can recall them being mocked in the annual playboy edition of worst football programs. I don't read for the articles however.

Hell, they were mocked by players of their own conference in a survey a couple of years ago. Everything from their stadium to their uniforms. (the football part was self-evident)

Is there a reason you didn't answer my request? One reason Iowa State's defense isn't going to be worse than last year... still waiting.

The good news about Iowa's offense is it can't possibly be any worse than last year. It doesn't get worse than that. Certainly not with a healthy offensive line and running back stable. I'm pretty sure Iowa State's defense is going to be even worse than a year ago.

Of course Iowa State's defense will be worse than last years. Why are you even asking the question?

Iowa State's defense was good last year until knott went out. Absolutely nothing wrong with the effort on that side of the ball.

Of course Iowa State's defense will be worse than last years. Why are you even asking the question?

Iowa State's defense was good last year until knott went out. Absolutely nothing wrong with the effort on that side of the ball.

That's all I was saying in my original post. The kid has lost his desire to put in the work that it takes to be a D1 football player. I'm sure a number of different things contributed to him making that decision. However, don't you think it's possible that some of that could be due to the fact the defense he was going to be a part of is going to be awful? I mean if he was going to be a contributor on a legitimately stout defense it would be a little more difficult to walk away from in my opinion.

That's all I was saying in my original post. The kid has lost his desire to put in the work that it takes to be a D1 football player. I'm sure a number of different things contributed to him making that decision. However, don't you think it's possible that some of that could be due to the fact the defense he was going to be a part of is going to be awful? I mean if he was going to be a contributor on a legitimately stout defense it would be a little more difficult to walk away from in my opinion.

You dont know anything about this kid other than he was at ISU. Stop trying to act like you know he quit because of the quality of the team he played on.

I understand you think you are a superfan if you love everything Iowa and hate everything ISU but thats not the case and shows how little you know. Kids walk away from programs all the time. As Iowa fans we have seen our fair share of that. You wouldnt be saying this if it was an Iowa player.

crestonnews.com | Bevins leaving Iowa State in Creston, Iowa

"Right now, I am unsure about what I am going to do next. I would like to play football, but if I don’t, I’m not going to be upset.”

Something here smells fishy. He was basically guaranteed playing time this year with a real chance of taking the position full time in the years to come. He didn't get booted because of grades. And apparently he's not totally burned out because he just said he would like to play. So what happened? Why did he walk away from what appeared to be a great opportunity?

i'm pretty sure this kid was offered late by iowa, i think he had already committed to ISU when he received the iowa offer. would be a nice boost to our D-Line if decided to transfer to Iowa.

crestonnews.com | Bevins leaving Iowa State in Creston, Iowa

"Right now, I am unsure about what I am going to do next. I would like to play football, but if I don’t, I’m not going to be upset.”

Something here smells fishy. He was basically guaranteed playing time this year with a real chance of taking the position full time in the years to come. He didn't get booted because of grades. And apparently he's not totally burned out because he just said he would like to play. So what happened? Why did he walk away from what appeared to be a great opportunity?

There's more to the story on this one.

Update:

Apparently Bevins has decided to take his talent to Northwest Missouri State University according to reports. I still think something sounds weird about this. Why would a kid leave a D1 BCS conference program to play at a D2 school in the boonies of Missouri?

Update:

Apparently Bevins has decided to take his talent to Northwest Missouri State University according to reports. I still think something sounds weird about this. Why would a kid leave a D1 BCS conference program to play at a D2 school in the boonies of Missouri?
His best friend is going there. I am aware of no other reason.

Update:

I thought ISU was D2 also? No???

Sorry, DP but I have to go with OoTH on this one. You don't know this kid and until he comes out and says "ISU's defense was gonna suck and I didn't want to be part of it", you don't know what you're talking about. Besides, if that is his attitude, him leaving is actually better for ISU. Who wants a kid with a quitting attitude.

Update:

lots of different scenarios are possible. small town kid, maybe he didn't like the feel of the 'big school' and feeling like a small fish in it. maybe he struggled with school. maybe he didn't like the people on the team, maybe he didn't like the coaching staff, maybe he was homesick and has friends going to NW MO ST - lots of reasons are possible. until you actually live the life these kids live, it is impossible to get into their head.

Update:

Because they have a better program and school. And the parties there put anything in Ames to shame as well.

Update:

His dad said he was struggling w/ the size of Ames. Makes sense actually.

His dad said he was struggling w/ the size of Ames. Makes sense actually.

The size of Ames? I could understand if ISU is too large of a university for him but not the city of Ames. A large chunk of Ames is ISU. But I guess, if he is a small town kid, who knows. I hope he does well at NMSU.

Latest posts