College Gameday

dmihalke

What are the odds that if Wisconsin comes to Iowa City Week 4, and both teams are undefeated, that College Gameday will come to IC? If Wisconsin is a Top 10 team and with our reputation of defeating Top 10 teams at Kinnick, do you think College Gameday could come? Only other games that Week that could also get Gameday would be Texas AM at Alabama or Florida at Tennessee.

Yeah... not holding my breath. They'll make a bigger deal over both of those games in Bama and TN that's been mentioned than ours. I mean unless Iowa sneaks into the rankings at that point and Wisky is in top 10ish still I could see it happening but I'm not betting anything on it.

Rece Davis is the Ryan Seacrest of college sports and Lee Corso has so much dementia it’s only a matter of time before he starts walking around with one shoe on and throwing poop at Herbie and Desmond Howard. He’s literally lost every single marble and ESPN just keeps on parading him out there like a sideshow. Hell, there are animal cruelty laws stricter than what they put Corso through.

Gameday has been such a shitshow for the last 10 years that it’s not even fun to watch anymore. I don’t even want them in Iowa City because you know every host (other than Herbstreit, maybe) is going to laugh about the Hawks not having a prayer (which they don’t) and Corso will whip out some big stupid Badger mask in front of a 1/3 full Krause Family Plaza. Students don’t even fill their section the way it is, you think they’re going to show up for some TV show before the game that only upper middle-aged guys like us even know what it is?

Remember, last year Sept 23 was from Times Square, and 3 weeks later from James Madison...
Rece Davis is the Ryan Seacrest of college sports and Lee Corso has so much dementia it’s only a matter of time before he starts walking around with one shoe on and throwing poop at Herbie and Desmond Howard. He’s literally lost every single marble and ESPN just keeps on parading him out there like a sideshow. Hell, there are animal cruelty laws stricter than what they put Corso through.

Gameday has been such a shitshow for the last 10 years that it’s not even fun to watch anymore. I don’t even want them in Iowa City because you know every host (other than Herbstreit, maybe) is going to laugh about the Hawks not having a prayer (which they don’t) and Corso will whip out some big stupid Badger mask in front of a 1/3 full Krause Family Plaza. Students don’t even fill their section the way it is, you think they’re going to show up for some TV show before the game that only upper middle-aged guys like us even know what it is?

That's exactly why the NCAA has softened on Internet gambling. Because the dip ***** in charge have started to run things into the ground with piss poor decisions and are suffering due to interest declining. In steps gambling and interest will sky rocket.
You don't think they change or make laws because it's the right thing to do or for your or my interest do you??

I agree that Corso has seemed to lose some of his faculties and he is more of a side show now.

But you really don't want the pub for Iowa and you really think Iowa would have no prayer in that game?

I agree that Corso has seemed to lose some of his faculties and he is more of a side show now.

But you really don't want the pub for Iowa and you really think Iowa would have no prayer in that game?
I think they'll have more of a prayer than the hosts will give them, but I just don't think it'd be a good look for the town. If you watch GameDay there are some real lame duck crowds that come out and the good ones are always in towns with super rabid student fan bases (which Iowa doesn't have). I love Iowa City, but if you've ever been to an ACC or SEC game with a ranked team or teams playing, IC is is a total snoozer by comparison.

I guess I just imagine about two dozen blue hairs with their orthopedic shoes standing around in Krause plaza while Corso inevitably puts the Badger costume on. It just wouldn't be a great look, IMO.

hqdefault.jpg
4ec414094b7d5.image.jpg

I hardly watch College Game Day. Same old, same old each week. They only really care about 12-15 teams and about mid season they only want to talk about the 4 teams good enough to make the playoff. Corso's pick them at the end isn't even funny anymore, but more annoying than anything.

I hardly watch College Game Day. Same old, same old each week. They only really care about 12-15 teams and about mid season they only want to talk about the 4 teams good enough to make the playoff. Corso's pick them at the end isn't even funny anymore, but more annoying than anything.
I agree with that. Last year even though top to bottom the B10 was the most successful conference and I bet (I don't know I don't pay much attention to secpn, they didn't go on and on about that. I bet they talked about the two good teams the sec had and about how the others could or needed to improve. When the sec is up, they get 80% of air time, when it's down they still get 80% of the air time.
I hate biased news and reporting.

Unfortunately...Corso has become a mascot of sorts...they should just leave the mascot head on him the whole time. It was cute, and I appreciate the loyalty ESPN is showing there...but if I'm a talented Football announcer or analyst I wouldn't be too happy about ESPN keeping him around when that spot should be open. There is a reason guys retire or are asked to take victory lap during their final season.

He's a total side show now. If I were him and had any pride in doing what he used to be good at I'd retire from it.. If I were his family I'd want him to be done with it. Now he may as well just dress up as a clown. I feel like ESPN is just taking advantage of the old man. Their the ones pretty much exploiting him. When you think of all the other 'personalities' that they've recently laid off the last couple years they still have kept him on.... I don't think exploiting is too strong of a word for it... Hope they are paying him a ton for he and his families sake.

He's a total side show now. If I were him and had any pride in doing what he used to be good at I'd retire from it.. If I were his family I'd want him to be done with it. Now he may as well just dress up as a clown. I feel like ESPN is just taking advantage of the old man. Their the ones pretty much exploiting him. When you think of all the other 'personalities' that they've recently laid off the last couple years they still have kept him on.... I don't think exploiting is too strong of a word for it... Hope they are paying him a ton for he and his families sake.
He’s already lost it quite a few times and every week there are a handful of times where you can see that his brain slips out of gear and he just babbles to try and hide it. His impulse control is non existent and that’s one of the most common indicators. You guys remember a couple years back when he got all excited and yelled “Ahh F it!” on the live broadcast? Then they made his senile ass go on air right after that and apologize like he had any control over it. That should have been the catalyst to sit him down and tell him that he’s going to “retire” at the end of the year and go out with a little dignity. One of these days he’s going to have a full on meltdown and it’s not going to be pretty.

I think they'll have more of a prayer than the hosts will give them, but I just don't think it'd be a good look for the town. If you watch GameDay there are some real lame duck crowds that come out and the good ones are always in towns with super rabid student fan bases (which Iowa doesn't have). I love Iowa City, but if you've ever been to an ACC or SEC game with a ranked team or teams playing, IC is is a total snoozer by comparison.

I guess I just imagine about two dozen blue hairs with their orthopedic shoes standing around in Krause plaza while Corso inevitably puts the Badger costume on. It just wouldn't be a great look, IMO.

Were you at the last gameday or watch it on TV? I was there, it was crazy. Definitely a great atmosphere. You never turn down great exposure to recruits. They still watch the show.

Were you at the last gameday or watch it on TV? I was there, it was crazy. Definitely a great atmosphere. You never turn down great exposure to recruits. They still watch the show.

Wasn’t there, did watch it on TV. Like I said before it’s a totally different time now than it was 12 years ago. Obviously you’ve seen that what makes Gameday “crazy” is the student fans. If you’ve been to a game in any of the last few years you know that it isn’t anywhere near what it used to be then. Most of them don’t care and have better shit to do like sit in their dorm rooms and play Fortnite. Iowa got blown out on national TV and laid a huge egg for the rest of the season after that game, and I just don’t see it as being a big recruiting tool or important other than some fun for fans. Don’t forget that if Gameday came to IC it’d be because of Wisconsin.

He’s already lost it quite a few times and every week there are a handful of times where you can see that his brain slips out of gear and he just babbles to try and hide it. His impulse control is non existent and that’s one of the most common indicators. You guys remember a couple years back when he got all excited and yelled “Ahh F it!” on the live broadcast? Then they made his senile ass go on air right after that and apologize like he had any control over it. That should have been the catalyst to sit him down and tell him that he’s going to “retire” at the end of the year and go out with a little dignity. One of these days he’s going to have a full on meltdown and it’s not going to be pretty.
I do remember when he did that now that you bring it up. That wasn't last yr either but a couple I think wasn't it? It should have been the ultimate red flag. But they have like 3 hours of air time to fill up so their riding that wave till he croaks on the air I guess.

I do remember when he did that now that you bring it up. That wasn't last yr either but a couple I think wasn't it? It should have been the ultimate red flag. But they have like 3 hours of air time to fill up so their riding that wave till he croaks on the air I guess.

Latest posts