College Gameday

If I'm ESPN, I give Corso his victory lap this year and bid adieu. Maybe week 2 or 3, run a 10 minute segment on his career at ESPN and his contributions because he deserves that much. But then let him ride off into the sunshine.

Yeah I was at Gameday in '07 when they were here. Awesome atmosphere. The worst part about it was the OSU fans chanting OH - IO in a bar after the game. That Chandler fumble nooo! It's fun seeing my hometown showcased on national TV but Gameday is a shell of it's former self. Most of their coverage is dedicated to a few top schools. They used to be an advocate for all college football but it seems like all they care about is elite football and the SEC.

If big undefeated Gameday will most definitely be in IA City. ESecPN/Disney would pump the hell out of the Wave and Hospital (all a great thing mind you) This is the main reason why they would come and money says they do! Night game and Iowa finally beats Bucky. Book it!

I was going to start a new thread with this question but I wont.

Are Iowa Fans on game day as rabid as they once were?

Don't think of those 2 big wins the last few years...but think of an average conference home game or a bowl game

Gameday = Dick Vitale.

Once held the country's sporting interest. Once mattered. Once was must see and must get TV.

No longer.

I don't want my 90s back.

Gameday = Dick Vitale.

Once held the country's sporting interest. Once mattered. Once was must see and must get TV.

No longer.

I would agree with you as far as how it mattered to myself and now not so much. It seems as though the crowds that still go to those deals week in and week out may counter our feelings on it to a degree and I have no clue how their ratings are on TV. If they were to cut back an hour of it or so I think that would be a tell tail sign of it not doing well in that regard but for it to be on as many hours as it is seems to suggest of all the ESPN programing that that's doing just fine...

Gameday = Dick Vitale.

No longer.

I havent watched gameday in at least 8 years as it has lost all really good reporting etc. The title of the show is misleading as they mainly focus on 10 teams each week not the overall landscape of college football.

BTN Saturday shows are just more interesting to a Big fan like myself and many others. The hawks dont get all that much coverage in BTN sometimes but it is way more than ESECPN.

Rece Davis is the Ryan Seacrest of college sports and Lee Corso has so much dementia it’s only a matter of time before he starts walking around with one shoe on and throwing poop at Herbie and Desmond Howard. He’s literally lost every single marble and ESPN just keeps on parading him out there like a sideshow. Hell, there are animal cruelty laws stricter than what they put Corso through.

Gameday has been such a shitshow for the last 10 years that it’s not even fun to watch anymore. I don’t even want them in Iowa City because you know every host (other than Herbstreit, maybe) is going to laugh about the Hawks not having a prayer (which they don’t) and Corso will whip out some big stupid Badger mask in front of a 1/3 full Krause Family Plaza. Students don’t even fill their section the way it is, you think they’re going to show up for some TV show before the game that only upper middle-aged guys like us even know what it is?

Funny analysis and true about Gameday being Lameday the past 10 years. I think they did a couple good things with the guest game pickers etc but hardly have watched it since BTN started up.

And the ESPN Saturday Studio Game show was great when Trev Alberts was being truthful and blunt about teams but he either left/got censured/or got pushed out. He was replaced by Lou Holtz at some point for a long time and not trying to bash the guy but he was not the cleanest coach for recruiting and I didnt need or want to hear all his preaching on tv.

Latest posts