College GameDay Returning to Ames

Frankly I think @HawkGold has been a let down lately, he used to troll a lot more!
What fan would say that about their own fanbase? I mean I get there are idiots in our fan base just like any others but overall I think we’ve got one of the best. For proof of that just go to a game, the wave is something special and it puts everyone in the right frame of mind.

Are you really a Hawkeye fan or you just trolling us?
Not trolling. Just an observation. I'm a Hawk fan thru and thru. Now, am I a Hawk Fan Fan?

Was out in Yellowstone few weeks ago and I had an old Illini hat on (OK used to work for them) They harrassed me good naturedly (about 20 of them). Told them I really was a Hawk fan and it really got bad the day before IL beat them. Two apologized, but it was all good natured fun.

I don't see the nerdyness as much as Hawk games in IC. Here.... yes.

While your first statement is often true, there are plenty of subsistence farmers, too. The rest of your post is probably political, which is against this board's rules.
It's not political to say that the USDA income is what is keeping the typical farmer going and I can back that up. I work in ag economics. Except for a few years (2012 where the drought made many farmers record income with Crop Insurance) most real income comes from USDA. Look it up. Not sure why ANF is even in college football today.

I work in ag economics.
Me too, adjacent anyway. I get what you're saying, just seems there may be a political tinge that I wanted to avoid. If not that's fine, just tends to be the folks who make these sorts of statements tend to be anti-farm Bill, MPCI, etc. which is obviously a political statement. I'm not passing judgement either way.

Me too, adjacent anyway. I get what you're saying, just seems there may be a political tinge that I wanted to avoid. If not that's fine, just tends to be the folks who make these sorts of statements tend to be anti-farm Bill, MPCI, etc. which is obviously a political statement. I'm not passing judgement either way.
Actually me too, but I get it.

I live in the Champaign metro area. Mich fans are arrogant as heck but normal. Nebby fans are Red and proud but still normal, albeit obnoxious. Most other fans are relatively benign.

Iowa fans are totally embarrassing. First there are a number wearing black and gold....from the 80s. They do act nerdy arrogant. They act like they own the place with an HF swagger.
ANF has gone way to far. The richest people in rural communities are farmers. Fact is that only the USDA is responsible and to be frank we could lose 30 percent of farmers tomorrow and not skip a beat.
It's not political to say that the USDA income is what is keeping the typical farmer going and I can back that up. I work in ag economics. Except for a few years (2012 where the drought made many farmers record income with Crop Insurance) most real income comes from USDA. Look it up. Not sure why ANF is even in college football today.
Just seeing this.

We get that you’re not a Hawkeye fan and that’s ok.

We also get that you aren’t here to talk sports, and that’s also ok (albeit weird).

But every single post by you is a political or social jab, or one of your bush league “economics” essays where you have no clue what you’re talking about aimed at riling people up on the sports boards. I mean I could see if you actually posted about sports even once in a while, but your only goal is to bait people into arguments about topics you know they’ll get pissed about. There are a whole lot of people here who like to post off topic stuff, and even controversial things, but they also contribute to the sports topics. Any time you even remotely come close to sports is something not dealing with an actual game or sport, it’s sidebar commentary about something with the staff or sports in general and how they’re wrong, and sports is dying, and fans suck, and social justice this and evil empire that.

Which again is fine, but not in the sports boards and not when it’s the only thing you do. And deny it all you want, but who the hell thinks they’ll come on a GameDay thread, call Hawks fans idiots, and not be seen as just trying to troll? Go do it somewhere else. It’s pretty obvious over the years that you don’t like the fan base, the staff, the sport itself, or the NCAA. Take your low rent attempts at ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries somewhere else.

Either way, it’s finished on the sports boards. You can argue all you want but, again, it’s not going on the sports boards and it’s getting deleted. I’m not hiding from it or being sneaky, I’m telling you right here in front of everyone that I’m going to delete your stuff. And yes, it’s a shorter leash than everyone else has because it’s literally all you do. I’m not giving you the satisfaction of a ban because it’s what you want. Ain’t happening.

So…let’s get on with it so you can post your response, throwing your temper tantrum like you have a million times before, so I can delete it. Or you can just leave and find some other sports board where fans want to talk politics and “economics” and social justice, and how all of them suck as fans. Hawkeyereport would love to have you, and they’d eat you alive over there.

So…let’s get on with it so you can post your response, throwing your temper tantrum like you have a million times before, so I can delete it. Or you can just leave and find some other sports board where fans want to talk politics and “economics” and social justice, and how all of them suck as fans. Hawkeyereport would love to have you, and they’d eat you alive over there.

If he does throw a temper tantrum can we get a chance to see it before you delete? We could use a few chuckles.

His comments about Iowa fans threw me for a loop.

Just seeing this.

We get that you’re not a Hawkeye fan and that’s ok.

We also get that you aren’t here to talk sports, and that’s also ok (albeit weird).

But every single post by you is a political or social jab, or one of your bush league “economics” essays where you have no clue what you’re talking about aimed at riling people up on the sports boards. I mean I could see if you actually posted about sports even once in a while, but your only goal is to bait people into arguments about topics you know they’ll get pissed about. There are a whole lot of people here who like to post off topic stuff, and even controversial things, but they also contribute to the sports topics. Any time you even remotely come close to sports is something not dealing with an actual game or sport, it’s sidebar commentary about something with the staff or sports in general and how they’re wrong, and sports is dying, and fans suck, and social justice this and evil empire that.

Which again is fine, but not in the sports boards and not when it’s the only thing you do. And deny it all you want, but who the hell thinks they’ll come on a GameDay thread, call Hawks fans idiots, and not be seen as just trying to troll? Go do it somewhere else. It’s pretty obvious over the years that you don’t like the fan base, the staff, the sport itself, or the NCAA. Take your low rent attempts at ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries somewhere else.

Either way, it’s finished on the sports boards. You can argue all you want but, again, it’s not going on the sports boards and it’s getting deleted. I’m not hiding from it or being sneaky, I’m telling you right here in front of everyone that I’m going to delete your stuff. And yes, it’s a shorter leash than everyone else has because it’s literally all you do. I’m not giving you the satisfaction of a ban because it’s what you want. Ain’t happening.

Who's he think should be the most well off in rural USA? The pastors of a church with 44 people in it? The post office workers? The gas station attendant? Or the farmer that manages 5000 plus acres and feeds 200 plus head of cattle or hogs and most likely has a some hired hands helping him creating jobs? Just a little envy oozing from a take like that...

Who's he think should be the most well off in rural USA? The pastors of a church with 44 people in it? The post office workers? The gas station attendant? Or the farmer that manages 5000 plus acres and feeds 200 plus head of cattle or hogs and most likely has a some hired hands helping him creating jobs? Just a little envy oozing from a take like that...
As I said, it was all rather high strangeness. Like I can see you're trying to make a political statement, but with all this shit jumbled together, I'm not sure how we synthesize one cohesive message or why we can't follow the one damn rule here which is not to talk about politics.

If he does throw a temper tantrum can we get a chance to see it before you delete? We could use a few chuckles.

His comments about Iowa fans threw me for a loop.
As I said, it was all rather high strangeness. Like I can see you're trying to make a political statement, but with all this shit jumbled together, I'm not sure how we synthesize one cohesive message or why we can't follow the one damn rule here which is not to talk about politics.
It’s not even the content of the particular post, it’s that he has no interest in talking sports, and the only thing he does is cruise the boards looking for an opposing viewpoint to stir shit and claim it’s relevant to sports because he mentioned the word “football” or “Hawkeyes.” Everyone here stirs shit from time to time, but the politics and everything else gets kept on the OT board and we all at least engage about Hawkeye sports (actual sports, not the social justice aspect). He likes to throw stuff out on the regular boards that he knows will get a reaction and then he whines like a baby when it gets deleted or when he gets confronted about it.

Seriously, you should see how often he cruises the board. Back when he took his little months-long self imposed hiatus, he told everyone he was leaving, but he visited the site multiple times every single day. I can see the IP logs. When I called him on it he tried to pass it off as “my phone” doing auto logins and all kinds of other dumb stuff, which 1) isn’t possible without visiting the site, and 2) doesn’t explain his logins that came from a desktop computer. He visited my profile almost every day as well, assumedly to click on the “content” link so he could see what I was posting.

He asked me to ban him once and that’s what he wants, not sure if it’s his idea of a merit badge or what, but it’s not happening. Just going to take his trolling toy away and he can either post about sports without his side commentary, or on the OT board where no one will listen to it.

Honestly I wasn't trying to make an overarching statement so much as just disagreed with what he was saying about that. Which is totally besides the whole point Fry was making and I totally get all that part of it.

Honestly I wasn't trying to make an overarching statement so much as just disagreed with what he was saying about that. Which is totally besides the whole point Fry was making and I totally get all that part of it.
Anyone saying ANF needs to go away to a group of the most hardcore Hawkeye fans there are (40+ y.o. dudes spending hours upon hours on a message board) is doing nothing but looking for a fight and that’s the only motivation. It’s like walking into a biker bar and yelling Harley sucks at the top of your lungs. You might think it’s true, and maybe it is, but there’s only one motivation for that.

We all do that stuff for laughs from time to time, but it’s the only thing the guy does. Ever. And he gets mad when he gets called out.

@ssckelley @BrianFerentzForPresident @Hawkfnntn @HawkGold

See what I mean? Guy’s a nut job…

Has no sports purpose for being here.

View attachment 8064
He's probably found a way to do the deep dive on every one of our Facebook profile pages (but not yours because I believe you have said you don't have a Facebook account)

Personally I have no problem with anyone dive bombing my page. Everything I post (on Facebook) is for public consumption and if I didn't want it read it wouldn't post it, or would custom post it for a select few.

Now if someone is doing it repeatedly, different story.

Latest posts