College FB Coaches 'Hot Seat' Ratings

What isn't important is what some uninformed-fan-base source has to say on the subject.

What drives Ferentz's popularity among fans? It doesn't seem to be a winning team. Last year's team didn't perform to expectations, yet fans' zeal for Ferentz hasn't wained. Instead, fans shift blame to other areas.

If Ferentz suggested his defensive coordinator retire - even more so, without also suggesting his offensive coordinator retire, Ferentz's popularity among fans would wain.

What doesn't make Ferentz popular among fans is keeping his entire coaching staff intact.

I don't get it. What does having a family atmosphere have to do with winning?

I agree that some people are critical of KF for his loyalty to his coordinators, but after 2007 KF was on the hotseat with a number of fans. His ability to turn the team around after rough patches seems to maintain his popularity.

As for your other question, some recruits (and their families) look for a strong family atmosphere when choosing where to attend college. If they are going to travel a great distance, they need a stable support system to make it through the first year or four of college. So without good recruits from other areas we would have less "winning."

The article does not say HOW these numbers were derived or did Dodd just pick these numbers out of his hat? To give Ferentz a 0.5? How was that determined? There is no way Ferentz is fired at Iowa this year. They just gave him another extension didn't they? Unless Dodd tells us how these numbers were derived, then any one of us could write a similar article and throw numbers out and be just as valid.

What if you have a 6 win season, with a bunch more players in jail and/or the hospital? It seems Iowa had a ton of off-field issues last year, and if they continue while the team fails to perform again, I think Ferentz could feel some heat.

Has anyone had as many great opportunities that they squandered as Neuheisel? Colorado, Washington, and UCLA?! What's his next job, North Carolina?

Has anyone had as many great opportunities that they squandered as Neuheisel? Colorado, Washington, and UCLA?! What's his next job, North Carolina?
No kidding. How this guy gets good jobs is simply amazing to me.

Apparently he has good charisma and is a pretty decent used car salesman, because he sucks as a coach, and NCAA sanctions seem to follow after his departure.

Latest posts