College basketball countdown: No. 32 Iowa - USAToday

Lol. Crickets…

There’s several of these clone posters that are so two-faced it ain’t even funny.

How was I two faced? because he mis quoted me? At least I have the guts to keep the same screen name on both sites so I am 100% transparent.

I don't disagree with where Iowa was, but I do disagree with where he had ISU.

And I know you're asking this in response to thinking I brought up Ken Pom...but again I didn't. Read what I wrote again.

I apologize, the first line I pasted came from cytwins who is the ultimate antihawk. He is the one who said bpi and kenpom were the only systems that weren't flawed. He/she must have stopped reading after seeing ISU because that statement wouldn't be made if he/she read a little farther. Maybe someone who posts over their can point it out so he/she can backtrack on that statement.

I honestly think our record will be similar to last season. The Big 10 is getting better. Minny, NW, Illinois, Nebby ... then you have the regulars ... OSU, Mich, MSU ... Iowa will need to protect home court to at least be .500 in conference play. I think once again we will be on the bubble when selection Sunday arrives. White sort of took last year off ... as did Clemmons ... Woodbury and Gessel are nice players but I don't expect big numbers from either. I just don't know where we get most of our points this season. Obviously White will need to step up. If Dickerson can come in and create plays, drive, dish, hit the outside shot ... well ... of course, that will make other players better ... I think we will be a nice team ... but not a great team ... Winning in the Big 10 will continue to get harder and so bringing in better recruits will continue to be the name of the game ... We are seeing Nebby (a school with absolute 0 basketball history) make some noise ... So none of this crud about we can't get players to come to Iowa City ... If they will come to LINCOLN to play for NEBRASKA BASKETBALL then surely they will come to Iowa City ... right!? :)

I honestly think our record will be similar to last season. The Big 10 is getting better. Minny, NW, Illinois, Nebby ... then you have the regulars ... OSU, Mich, MSU ... Iowa will need to protect home court to at least be .500 in conference play. I think once again we will be on the bubble when selection Sunday arrives. White sort of took last year off ... as did Clemmons ... Woodbury and Gessel are nice players but I don't expect big numbers from either. I just don't know where we get most of our points this season. Obviously White will need to step up. If Dickerson can come in and create plays, drive, dish, hit the outside shot ... well ... of course, that will make other players better ... I think we will be a nice team ... but not a great team ... Winning in the Big 10 will continue to get harder and so bringing in better recruits will continue to be the name of the game ... We are seeing Nebby (a school with absolute 0 basketball history) make some noise ... So none of this crud about we can't get players to come to Iowa City ... If they will come to LINCOLN to play for NEBRASKA BASKETBALL then surely they will come to Iowa City ... right!? :)

Furthermore, look @ isu - Fred's attracted a lot of top tier talent to Ames...if he can get those guys to Ames, surely its reasonable to expect Fran to get a few guys to Iowa City.

Team chemistry and effort! I hope Jok steps up, but realistically, it has to be Gesell, Woody, and Gabe. Those 3 upperclassmen will more than make up for Marble and Mel. I hope Uhl and Dickerson will be pleasant surprises, I'm thinking Uhl make a White freshman impression. So, yes, I think IA can be better than last year because of maturity and team plays.

Something was certainly up with the chemistry.

I have no inside info but we just have to hope that it had something to do with one of the departed players.

I thought it was a pretty fair assessment. They are really high on White as well.

So you guys don't think the team will take a step back after losing seniors Basabe and Marble?

Probably not as big a step back as ISU losing Big 12 POY Mel Ejim and 5th year senior + DeAndre Kane.

Something was certainly up with the chemistry.

I have no inside info but we just have to hope that it had something to do with one of the departed players.

I agree with you. Something unraveled last year and by the body language shown by the players makes me believe it was the role Devyn Marble played. I'm not saying it was his fault. He maybe did exactly what Fran told him to. I'm sure everybody has experienced other people taking things out on what may be an innocent person either at school, teams or the workplace. It's not uncommon to see this in church when a new pastor comes in.

Let's hope we can finish the season stronger than last year ... that last month was a flippin' disaster.

"Then, as the calender drew closer to March, the wheels fell off the wagon. Iowa lost seven of its last eight, including an NCAA tourney play-in game to Tennessee".

So it was a play in game after all!!!

Super ****** is back with his downvotes while still being to much of a coward to post. Still butthurt over the village idiots losing again.

Iowa lost an NBA guy and two overseas guys. Iowa State lost two overseas guys.
Where somebody plays pro ball doesn't mean much. Some of the best college players every year never play NBA ball. Over 50% can play overseas as well. Even guys that aren't considered "very good" college players.

Who left the team isn't nearly as important as who is there the following year. Good programs lose great players every year.

Where somebody plays pro ball doesn't mean much. Some of the best college players every year never play NBA ball. Over 50% can play overseas as well. Even guys that aren't considered "very good" college players.

Who left the team isn't nearly as important as who is there the following year. Good programs lose great players every year.

What's your point? Your transfers are good coming in or overseas and the NBA are the same. Doesn't matter until final rosters are set.

What's your point? Your transfers are good coming in or overseas and the NBA are the same. Doesn't matter until final rosters are set.

My point is that the statement below doesn't mean much when talking about this season. Most would argue that ISU lost better college basketball talent. "Overseas" doesn't mean much at all. The statement below says nothing about the talent coming in or remaining.

"Iowa lost an NBA guy and two overseas guys. Iowa State lost two overseas guys."

My point is that the statement below doesn't mean much when talking about this season. Most would argue that ISU lost better college basketball talent. "Overseas" doesn't mean much at all. The statement below says nothing about the talent coming in or remaining.

"Iowa lost an NBA guy and two overseas guys. Iowa State lost two overseas guys."

Agreed. ISU lost more with Ejim and Kane moving on. Both were 1st team all Big12 and one was the POY probably barely edging out the other. Much tougher to replace than Iowa losing Marble and a couple roll players. I don't think ISU will have that much of a problem replacing them with BJD, Nadar, and McKay being eligible now, but ISU did lose more than Iowa.

Agreed. ISU lost more with Ejim and Kane moving on. Both were 1st team all Big12 and one was the POY probably barely edging out the other. Much tougher to replace than Iowa losing Marble and a couple roll players. I don't think ISU will have that much of a problem replacing them with BJD, Nadar, and McKay being eligible now, but ISU did lose more than Iowa.

That was my only point. How they get replaced will play itself out. My opinion depends on which day you ask me.

That was my only point. How they get replaced will play itself out. My opinion depends on which day you ask me.

I'm not sure how one couldn't see that last year Ejim + Kane >>>>> Marble + Basabe + McCabe. As far as replacing players goes, I know ISU fans think that the players coming in will automatically be = or > than those guys, but that probably won't lead to more wins. I think now looking back that last years teams overachieved a bit. In that I mean they were 11-2 in 2 possession games, and that likely isn't going to happen again.