colin cowherd talking kinnick flyover

He was talking about this sports blog (I forget the name) that had the story and video of it linked. He was basically like holy ****! The guys were supposed to fly over at 1k feet at 200mph, they flew in at less than 200 feet and at 400 mph. He joked about the pilots going all maverick and goose.

I realize Colin isn't for everyone but he's not as bad as some make him out to be. For me he works a little too hard to be "interesting" and to position his show and audience as "upscale" but for the most part he's entertaining.

What's the issue?

The Air Force determined the flyover before the Ohio State game was below the ceiling and came within 58 feet of the scoreboard. The lead pilot has been disciplined and left the AF, although I've also read he was retiring, anyway.

Not sure what the issue should be. But I'm sure Cowhead will come up with some way this is Kirk's fault -- all part of an out-of-control program that has featured the arrests of 18 players and 13 players winding up in the hospital following strenuous workouts.

The Air Force determined the flyover before the Ohio State game was below the ceiling and came within 58 feet of the scoreboard. The lead pilot has been disciplined and left the AF, although I've also read he was retiring, anyway.

Not sure what the issue should be. But I'm sure Cowhead will come up with some way this is Kirk's fault -- all part of an out-of-control program that has featured the arrests of 18 players and 13 players winding up in the hospital following strenuous workouts.

Colin has been cirtical of Iowa in the past, but he also said positive things. I don't think he ever talked about the rhabdo thing.

I was told on CF that the pilot was separating from the AF, not retiring. Apparently you have to be in the AF for at least 20 years to actually retire, and the lead pilot only had like 12. He was just going to the Guard or Reserves, which he is still going to do, I believe.

In regards to Cowherd, I don't remember him going all nuts about the Rhabdo or anything. I'm sure he talked about it, but I don't remember his name being thrown around as one of the nutjobs. I don't usually care for his analysis on college sports (though he did have a solid opinion on Jimmer today), but he definitely is a guy I love to listen to for pro sports talk.

i think you are overreacting, you obviously did not hear anything he said.

I was told on CF that the pilot was separating from the AF, not retiring. Apparently you have to be in the AF for at least 20 years to actually retire, and the lead pilot only had like 12. He was just going to the Guard or Reserves, which he is still going to do, I believe.

In regards to Cowherd, I don't remember him going all nuts about the Rhabdo or anything. I'm sure he talked about it, but I don't remember his name being thrown around as one of the nutjobs. I don't usually care for his analysis on college sports (though he did have a solid opinion on Jimmer today), but he definitely is a guy I love to listen to for pro sports talk.

Thanks the clarification re: the pilot. You're correct, Cowherd hasn't been that hard on Iowa in the past and at times has been fairly positive.

Cowherd is the best personality on radio, hands down.

End. of. story.

Smart and funny as well.

Initially, I thought Cowherd was just another blowhard. But as I listened, I grew to like him.

He's smart, pretty even-handed, has a sense of humor and doesn't mind making fun of himself. That's a refreshing change from the Rome (I'm too cool for all of you) approach.

Cowherd is the best personality on radio, hands down.

End. of. story.

Smart and funny as well.

I've grown to like him a lot. He's just not as good with college sports (which is what I like to hear about the most), because he simply doesn't pay as much attention to it. He's a pro sports guy, and he's EXCELLENT when it comes to that. I agree with you about his personality, too.

It is man radio. He talks about life, and the way he relates sports to people in the real world is really intelligent.

Again my only problem is he tries too hard to convince people he is really intelligent, interesting, and funny. People that are really those things don't have to try hard to do that, they just do it. A

Latest posts