Coldest game ever at Kinnick

Night game vs Michigan a couple of years ago, in early October, was plenty cold.
The PSU game, 24-23 thriller, was also dammed cold.

Hate to admit it, but with a long evening event planned, I am bagging the game tomorrow and gave my tix to some friends.

That Penn State game in 2008 and even the Purdue game the next week were two of the coldest that I remember and I've been going to games since the late 1980's.... !
The Penn State game had gusty winds w/ snow and it ended after dark. Purdue wasn't so bad, was worried about that but never really felt cold at that one. My kid wore long johns under his Hawkeye pajamas and he never complained once. SG was a monster in that game, that is what I remember!

It's fitting that the season that started with the highest temp at Kinnick finishes with the lowest temp recorded at Kinnick.

The Penn State game had gusty winds w/ snow and it ended after dark. Purdue wasn't so bad, was worried about that but never really felt cold at that one. My kid wore long johns under his Hawkeye pajamas and he never complained once. SG was a monster in that game, that is what I remember!

I remember taking a group of HS players to early nov. 1993 v. N. Illinois - snowing - everyone was frozen at half.... 1981 v. MSU was cold - who cared? going to Pasadena!!

I do think Kinnick in general not as cold as before w/ higher south end zones, video ring around north end, longer/higher press box, etc.

Hawks need a 'W' for these Seniors! Great group, better people - be there by 10:45 and let them know!!!

got invited to sit in club seating again today I'll make a frost angel on the glass for all of you

The Penn State game in....2008 I think....was bitterly cold and windy. Much worse than today.
that's not good information my friend. the low temp that day was 34. The high temp today was half that and there was no wInd that day at least according to the Almanac

post game interview - Jake said that the wind wasn't that big of an issue..you gotta run your offense. And they did.

Latest posts