Coker

power backs will usually do better in the Iowa offensive scheme than speed backs, Coker has power for sure. Although it does help when you don't get touched for 8 yards and the first guy you see is a DB.

Competition factors into it some but you still have to follow the blocks, be patient, drive your legs and hit the holes. We have had plenty of early season games where we aren't crisp and have trouble running.

He needs to get some more snaps in practice to learn the blocking schemes. I think he will do very well the rest of the way.

Probably a tad too upright right now but he will learn to keep his COG lower. BT defenders won't be pushed that easily. Like what I saw with both Rogers and coker.

Rogers had the fumble. Danen Hughes called Coker "a rolling ball of butcher knives" Must have reminded him of HIS playing days in Kinnick

Probably a tad too upright right now but he will learn to keep his COG lower. BT defenders won't be pushed that easily. Like what I saw with both Rogers and coker.

This is the biggest thing I notice about Coker. He will get killed if he runs like that against big ten defenses. I'm sure the coaching staff will bring this up watching film. If he doesn't learn by watching, he will learn once he takes a few hits. Other than that, holy crap he's going to be a powerful runner. His legs are already thick.

I agree. Way too upright and needs to cover the ball better in traffic with his free arm. That will som though, hopefully.

Marcus reminded me a little bit of Eddie George, another upright,long strider.
I liked what I saw of both Rogers and Coker. We shoud be ok at rb, if we stay healthy the rest of the way.

Coker looked better than Rodgers (probably obvious). I wouldn't mind him as a backup right now although if Robinson goes down we are still screwed in the running game.

Coker looked better than Rodgers (probably obvious). I wouldn't mind him as a backup right now although if Robinson goes down we are still screwed in the running game.

We'll have to see next week. This was just Coker's first game. But I was surprised at how quick and fast Rogers looked. Not that he was a burner, but for a fullback he looked pretty damn fast. That's a fullback that will get carries in the future.

Latest posts