COKER!!! You gotta be Jerking my Chain

Each camp, there are instances like this. People get hurt, and it begins to creep out. THese are not topics I like to get involved in, because one way or another, it will come out. Injuries are iffy territory.

But yes, there are rumors all over the place this time of year. Wish there werent, but most of the news, good or bad, typically starts this way.

But wouldn't there be at least 1 news source at least reporting that he left the practice field? Are practices completely closed off to media? Does nothing get leaked after practice?

This is basic Stalag Kinnick stuff. In all due respect to Jon, it also shows how little pull the local media people have with the Iowa program.

I seriously doubt that Coker will see any playing time this year. If the rumors about Brandon are true he may still be back in time to play a lot this year. Robinson and Hampton will carry the load, Rogers is a big back with time in the system, and Paki knows the offense.

People are reacting like the Eastern IL game is the key game in the schedule. With all the talk of pulling Rogers redshirt last year when we were down to Paki and Robinson we didn't and we were in the hunt for a championship. I doubt Cokers shirt would be coming off for the opener unless the coaches saw him in the mix as the primary ball carrier for the season.

In this day and age, it is amazing that the media does not have the info on both of these guys. Kirk must have a stranglehold on his men, guess that's good. Just don't like waiting for info. "tis good we have depth.
In Kirk We Trust!

Forgive me for not believing a rumor that's posted after midnight. If this had any legs I would think it would have come out earlier. And given the SI cover and Brandon Wegher rumors, this just smells of BS.

Iowa was not on the cover of SI. Stanzi was on the cover of a regional preview issue, and and one of three players to be on the cover, Evan Royster and Terrelle Pryor being the other two.

Iowa was not on the cover of SI. Stanzi was on the cover of a regional preview issue, and and one of three players to be on the cover, Evan Royster and Terrelle Pryor being the other two.

I'm not saying I believe that. But there are plenty of people who do still think it was the actual magazine, and already attributed other things to "The Curse". I think that two potentially major issues cropping up at running back in a day is not very likely. But I'm sure that there are at least a few people who might just throw some **** like that out there, which is exactly what I think this is.

In this day and age, it is amazing that the media does not have the info on both of these guys. Kirk must have a stranglehold on his men, guess that's good. Just don't like waiting for info. "tis good we have depth.
In Kirk We Trust!
There may be privacy reasons (HIPAA?) on why there has not been a statement on Coker yet.

There may be privacy reasons (HIPAA?) on why there has not been a statement on Coker yet.

Don't you think there would at least be a report of him leaving the field with an apparent injury?

and really we shouldn't even be talking about this until the university releases official word. Anything before that is pure speculation.

Don't you think there would at least be a report of him leaving the field with an apparent injury?

and really we shouldn't even be talking about this until the university releases official word. Anything before that is pure speculation.

Iowa practices aren't open to the media, so no.

I have a hard time believing any rumors after the whole "norm parker" retiring, witch is obviously not happening. Like I said many other times, ill believe it when i see it. Until then i fully suspect coker to be ready to go by week one as well as robinson and wegher splitting carries vs eastern Illinois.

I have a hard time believing any rumors after the whole "norm parker" retiring, witch is obviously not happening. Like I said many other times, ill believe it when i see it. Until then i fully suspect coker to be ready to go by week one as well as robinson and wegher splitting carries vs eastern Illinois.

Are you talking about the Jewel Hampton Rumor last year around mid July that he tore his ACL and was done for the season? Oh yeah. He was done for the season even after Kirk said he would be ready to go come UNI game.

This will be Norm Parkers last year.

This is the reason some colleges have shut off their players to twitter accounts and social media, because they don't want word of an injury to a player reaching that player's family before the coaches have a chance to contact them. Maybe that is the case here, or maybe it didn't actually happen. We won't know until the staff finds it necessary to release a statement.

Are you talking about the Jewel Hampton Rumor last year around mid July that he tore his ACL and was done for the season? Oh yeah. He was done for the season even after Kirk said he would be ready to go come UNI game.

my point is it seems like this summer there have been a lot of rumors that have been proven false. And I 100% disagree with you about this being norm's last year, but only norm knows the truth i guess.

It was just confirmed by a member of the media currently at the open photo shoot of practice that Coker was indeed injured. Possibly a broken collar bone. They are still looking into what exactly he injured and how severe.

Kirk didnt know that Jewel would be out for the season until a later date towards the season. As far as the norm thing goes, that came from Rob, still hasnt shown me to be on target about anything.

This is not a big loss for this season.. He would have been behind Robinson, Hampton, Wegher, and possibly Omeara & Brad Rodgers.. No reason not to red shirt him this year anyway so he has 2 years eligibility after the big 3 are gone..

Latest posts