Coker sets school record for rushing yards in a single game

Again, it's been documented in this thread that he didn't even come close. For God's sake, I was only alive for two of those performances, and I was 7 years old or younger for both of them. I thought I remembered people saying that Greene broke the record. I think it's okay to let it go now that I missed it on that particular record, since about 10 other posters have pointed it out.

Regardless, Coker put on a dominating show, and did it as a true freshman.

Not to discount Marcus Coker's performance, since it was awesome, but NO, it's not "just let it go" moment. Threads/posts like this are exactly the major problem with "fan boards", i.e., people posting without knowledge. It would take you--at most--three minutes of "googling" to get correct info, but you go ahead and post anyway.

Now that I've ranted, I am letting it go because, quite frankly, Coker's numbers were the very shot in the arm we needed.

Again, it's been documented in this thread that he didn't even come close. For God's sake, I was only alive for two of those performances, and I was 7 years old or younger for both of them. I thought I remembered people saying that Greene broke the record. I think it's okay to let it go now that I missed it on that particular record, since about 10 other posters have pointed it out.

Regardless, Coker put on a dominating show, and did it as a true freshman.
No I say we don't let it go. you do realize you were very wrong right?:D

I thought T. Banks had the school record--over 300 yards, I think.

DuffMan--please check your smart phone and confirm.

Shonn Greene set the record against Wisconsin against Wisconsin in 2008 with 217 yards and 4 TD's. Tonight, Coker went for 219 and 2 TD's as a true freshman. This kid is going to be something special.
Stop using the past tense.

I actually did google it, and couldn't find the place with the school records. I could get you our year-by-year records easily, since that was what kept coming up. I thought I remembered people saying that Greene broke the record, but it something like the most yards in a game SINCE Banks' record-setter.

And when 10+ people have already pointed it out, I think I got it. Considering that I'm not a complete moron, I've actually learned my lesson. No reason to keep teaching it to me.

I actually did google it, and couldn't find the place with the school records. I could get you our year-by-year records easily, since that was what kept coming up. I thought I remembered people saying that Greene broke the record, but it something like the most yards in a game SINCE Banks' record-setter.

And when 10+ people have already pointed it out, I think I got it. Considering that I'm not a complete moron, I've actually learned my lesson. No reason to keep teaching it to me.

Sorry--I didn't read through the thread before replying. Did somebody else mention it?

In case you were wondering, it was, in fact, Tavian Banks against Tulsa, with 314 yards.

Picture of Mr. Banks follows:

Sorry--I didn't read through the thread before replying. Did somebody else mention it?

In case you were wondering, it was, in fact, Tavian Banks against Tulsa, with 314 yards.

Picture of Mr. Banks follows:

At least half of the thread consists of people pointing that out :D

The ironic thing is that I was actually at the game when Banks set that record. But I was too young to understand what I was seeing.

Duff--No need to activate the smart phone. It appears that the inaccuracy of the OP has been identified by several posters and acknowledged by the original poster.

Classy move to own up to it tm3308.

Hell, you don't have to even Google it. Just go to Iowa's 2010 Media Fact Book. Here's the link:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/iowa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/factbook-10.pdf

Individual rushing records can be found on page 181. While your there, you can check & see that Hyde's return was the eighth longest in Hawk history. However, it is the longest in a bowl game.

Thanks for the link, should come in handy in the future! I just didn't know where to look for the records.

Hell, if I had a smart phone, I wouldn't know how to use it. Way to much technology for me. It took me forever to figure out blue tooth.

Latest posts