Coe to IWCC

Who is Brown? Are you talking about Johnson? You don't think he factors in much?

Guys coming back from injuries often have to overcome mental hang-ups too in order to recapture their prior mojo. It sounds like Johnson has already come a long ways ... however, from what I understand, he still has a long ways to go. He'll likely see some reps ... but, I frankly don't know how much he'll end up factoring into the picture.

You really are clueless on this stuff, olddude, aren't you.

What has been described is not poaching and it is not classless. None of it even shows a lack of character, just a lack of academics in high school. We might not even want him in two years.

It is a whole new ball game then and everyone (except you) understands that. Do you think we have never gotten a recruit that committed somewhere else out of high school but then went to Iowa after juco? Heck, we took Albert Young while he was a verbal to Wisconsin.

None of any of this is dirty. It's just the way it works. It's just that you don't get that, olddude.

Re: You really are clueless on this stuff, olddude, aren't you.

What has been described is not poaching and it is not classless. None of it even shows a lack of character, just a lack of academics in high school. We might not even want him in two years.

It is a whole new ball game then and everyone (except you) understands that. Do you think we have never gotten a recruit that committed somewhere else out of high school but then went to Iowa after juco? Heck, we took Albert Young while he was a verbal to Wisconsin.

None of any of this is dirty. It's just the way it works. It's just that you don't get that, olddude.

yep, and if you see Nebraska rip off two division championships in a row he'll be a husker.

I say "it was fun while it lasted" Mr. Coe. Could be wrong (and hope I am) but I put the percentage of us ever seeing him in an Iowa uniform at about 20 percent. Two years is a long time. Not too long ago we had the No. 1 fullback recruit in the nation (can't think of his name right now) ... If I remember correctly, he did not qualify and he never did put on an Iowa uniform ... Again, who knows. Anything is possible and hopefully he will focus on his academics and take care of his classroom work and hopefully that will lead him back to Iowa City. One good thing is at least he is going to juco IN Iowa.

I am not saying he cant or even wont. Just unlikely. I would imagine there is a certain amount of respect between coaches, if not than KF shouldnt have any problems poaching their camps.

Naive^2.

He is no longer an Iowa recruit and it isn't poaching. He may still be Iowa's to lose but there are hundreds of juco kids that signed with one school but get recruited by others. It's not even borderline bad form. It's SOP.

Last edited:
Well, I said I was kind of a homer on such matters. It still doesnt sound right to me, but I admit I may have grown up a bit differently than most.

I say good thing. I don't want a guy that's an academic liability. I can't imagine he could handle the academic and football workload. If he were the #1 or #2 guy I would hate to have to worry every week whether or not he'll play.

One of my friends is coming in with Mr. Coe. He is going to be pushing hard for him when it comes to getting back to Iowa.

Latest posts