Cody Larson faces drug charge

Florida coach Billy Donovan has taken a hard line on drug arrests in the past. In 2007, Florida freshman guard Brandon Powell transferred to Marshall shortly after he was arrested with football player Brandon James on marijuana possession charges in an undercover drug sting. Powell also had a string of disciplinary and academic issues during his freshman season.In 2003, former Florida staff member Major Parker was fired shortly after he was arrested on federal charges of possession and distribution of cocaine.
So "a hard line" is disciplining one kid and firing a felon?

I'm surprised he didn't stick to his Iowa commitment, what with the shorter travel time to make court dates and all...

Sour grapes anyone. We all knew about this a couple months ago and I didn't see all this bashing.

Apples and oranges anyone? We all had no idea there was going to be a charge filed...

And what do you expect on a message board? A free pass, because he ALMOST came here?

Apples and oranges anyone? We all had no idea there was going to be a charge filed...

And what do you expect on a message board? A free pass, because he ALMOST came here?

Charges or no charges we knew what he did and most of us considered it a mistake that a kid made. Now that he's not coming to Iowa its a huge deal.

Charges or no charges we knew what he did and most of us considered it a mistake that a kid made. Now that he's not coming to Iowa its a huge deal.

Actually, we had no idea what he did...only that it involved prescription drugs...now that charges have been filed, the anti has been upped...

I will say this, the charge isn't a huge deal...but to call everyone out for poking fun at him for it is a bit weak.

Last edited:
Well it was the first I had heard of it until today. Regardless, nice to see that Florida can deal with this. We have had our share of arrests/issues with the basketball and football teams in recent years and a good thing it will not be a distraction for us to start this coming season.

Latest posts