CoCo Ware - JUCO PG (link from Rob Howe)

I can't wait until he has a big game, you know some catchphrase droppin' color guy will be howling "CoCo is steaming hot!"

I think because he graduated high school in 2005 and only has one year of eligibility will keep a lot of schools away. Not sure what happened between 2005 and 2008.

He could be our one-n-done like John Wall, except nowhere near as good. But if the kid can play, we have scholarships to use next year and I'd be more than happy to have him for a year.

Last edited:
391496727v2_480x480_Front_Color-BlueWhite.jpg

Re: JoCo Ware - JUCU PG (link from Rob Howe)

He would also be a one-year player so he alone would have no effect on our future rides--he'd use one that would otherwise not be used next season.

I'd love to see us take him and another juco guard for next season.

It would be a good pickup for a "one and done" he could be a filler for a year, best case scenario he can play ball and have a decent season and worst case is he doesnt transition well but adds depth to a depleted position.

Interesting. Seems like FM is willing to go outside the box.

Strangely strong kind of fit. A kid who will run and gun, but won't have to worry about being in Iowa for a bunch of years. Accordingly, we don't have to sell him on the wonders of the heartland.

Best option for him to be able to show that he has the tools to get paid to play at any of the next levels.

Doesn't eat up a scholarship for the future.

Doesn't have to stay eligible THAT long.

Can be attractive for signing a PG from a background outside the existing players, which we will need because there isn't a PG from the background of the existing players who is available and good enough to have an impact.

Marble (Michigan) Basabe (New York) Ware (Mississippi) Three totally new recruiting regions from Iowa. This might help some 2011 recruits who are not from the immediate region feel a little more comfortable coming to Iowa.

Love what I hear about him being a 1 year player. Like CAARHawk said, strangely great fit for us. We need some new bodies for next year but don't want to hamstring FM too much as far as getting players in the 2011 class. I think he would be a great add.

Re: JoCo Ware - JUCU PG (link from Rob Howe)

He would also be a one-year player so he alone would have no effect on our future rides--he'd use one that would otherwise not be used next season.

I'd love to see us take him and another juco guard for next season.

I agree. Bring in both Salter and CoCo...to shore up our guard court for next year. Then bring in Randle to replace CoCo the following year.
Iowa needs an infusion of quick ballhandling and perimeter defensive skill.
A little scoring punch would not be bad either.

I would endorse this plan. The whole idea for next year is to stay competitive..and start regaining some respect...while recruiting 3 new talents to join the team the next year. Go hawks!!

It would be nice if his middle initial is "A."...Koko B. Ware was cool, but think you'd want your point guard to be Aware at all times on the floor.

Latest posts