Coaching issue

I don't think you have to know someone personally to form an opinion on them.
Yes. To make an informed opinion you do.

It’s one thing to form an opinion based on the play you see on the court, it’s quite another to form an opinion on someone’s attitude or motivation; you can’t read his mind or check his heart.

You were dead wrong about your opinion on Bohannon’s play in ‘17 therefore your opinion about his attitude should be taken with a grain of old salt. Not worth anything but getting walked on.

I can't believe how little this has been discussed. He is the one guy we can't afford to have injured and he's the one guy who we can't have lose some quickness. Yet this isn't talked about. This is probably hurting our team more than the Baer injury did. I can't wait for people to say it's just excuses.

I haven't heard it or seen it anywhere so that's probably why it hasn't been discussed.

Here is the thing....there was an opposing coach not to long ago questioning the mental toughness of Fran's team. He likely did not know the players personally. He was making opinions based off his observation on the court. I didn't see the Iowa media questioning that. So, I don't see the big issue of discussing what you see in terms of court play and attitude of individuals.

Personally, I think JBo is a heck of a shooter being put into a tough spot because he has been playing out of position. That falls back on the coaching staff and recruiting.

Yes. To make an informed opinion you do.

It’s one thing to form an opinion based on the play you see on the court, it’s quite another to form an opinion on someone’s attitude or motivation; you can’t read his mind or check his heart.

You were dead wrong about your opinion on Bohannon’s play in ‘17 therefore your opinion about his attitude should be taken with a grain of old salt. Not worth anything but getting walked on.

I'll go out on a limb and say you've formed an opinion on someone's attitude that you didn't know personally before. I can only assume you don't follow Jordan on social media if this is a surprise to you.

I don't think you have to know someone personally to form an opinion on them. I get that you develop relationships with these players since you are around them often but combining all the questionable stuff he's posted on social media with his effort at times on the court this year I don't think it's unfair what I said.

I saw the ball get stolen from him at the end of the first half vs. Indiana and he didn't hustle down to try and stop the lay up. That's the only time I've seen him not hustle and I saw Bird and Magic both do that at different times in their careers out of human frustration. What other times has he not given enough effort for you?

I saw the ball get stolen from him at the end of the first half vs. Indiana and he didn't hustle down to try and stop the lay up. That's the only time I've seen him not hustle and I saw Bird and Magic both do that at different times in their careers out of human frustration. What other times has he not given enough effort for you?

I've actually seen that exact same thing 3 times so far. It has become a bad habit.

Is it possible that his plantar fasciitis is bothering him more than we are being told? I’ve seen him visibly limping in several games. I think with Connor’s injury he was playing more minutes than he probably should be.
I think something is bothering him. He wasn't a good defender last year but this year is far worse. It could also be that he's working so much harder on the offensive end, now that Jok is gone and he's too worn out to play defense with the effort needed.

Here is the thing....there was an opposing coach not to long ago questioning the mental toughness of Fran's team. He likely did not know the players personally. He was making opinions based off his observation on the court. I didn't see the Iowa media questioning that. So, I don't see the big issue of discussing what you see in terms of court play and attitude of individuals.

Personally, I think JBo is a heck of a shooter being put into a tough spot because he has been playing out of position. That falls back on the coaching staff and recruiting.
Tom Izzo.... What does he know?

I seriously think Fran should go with the lineup of Nunge, Baer, Wagner, Pemsl, and Cook. Bring the ball up with Baer, Cook, or Nunge...Sit in a zone...and hit the glass on both ends, rebound and run. Guards are overrated commodities. If you do play a guard...in no way allow them to throw bounce passes in traffic. That hasn't gone well for us this year.

It wasn't Tom Izzo. Don't remember the coach's name, but it was an out of conference opponent.
You may be referring to another coach but I have heard Tom Izzo say that very thing. I believe it was the season we beat them in conference play, both home and away. Gesell/Clemmons SR year.

You may be referring to another coach but I have heard Tom Izzo say that very thing. I believe it was the season we beat them in conference play, both home and away. Gesell/Clemmons SR year.
Interesting.....did not know that....well add him to the list.

Garza at the 5 , Cook at the 4 , Moss at the 3 , Dailey at the 2 and Connor at the 1 . IMO this gives us the best chance to win . Which isn’t much chance with this roster

If JBo has a toe injury it would make it hard to turn such as going after a guy who just stole the ball. You cant play thru suchcsn injury. Rest is the only way. Reinjury is very easy to do. Could nag him......for years.

Its not like Fran comes unglued and gets in his players head or something.

Latest posts