Coaching and Talent?

NCHawker

I say coaching. They miss that linebacker coach, from Boston, who left after last year. Same players on D and the losses on D were not enough to explain the problems. That coach was not just a motivator and X and O guy, he was a mentor to Phil Parker.

Offensive line, Look we've seen Iowa develop 2 star guys who turned out to be pretty decent. Its not the talent. Its the coaching of Big Brian.

This isn't a well coached football team. We've seen under talented iowa teams in the past who were not great but solid and respectable. This team isn't respectable.

Wins left on the schedule? Well maybe Purdue and Illinois....maybe.

Rake the leaves boys.

I say coaching. They miss that linebacker coach, from Boston, who left after last year. Same players on D and the losses on D were not enough to explain the problems. That coach was not just a motivator and X and O guy, he was a mentor to Phil Parker.

Offensive line, Look we've seen Iowa develop 2 star guys who turned out to be pretty decent. Its not the talent. Its the coaching of Big Brian.

This isn't a well coached football team. We've seen under talented iowa teams in the past who were not great but solid and respectable. This team isn't respectable.

Wins left on the schedule? Well maybe Purdue and Illinois....maybe.

Rake the leaves boys.
A pinch of this and a dash of that.....

Last year was the talent of an 8-4 team that was coached up and benefited from schedule. This year is the talent of an 8-4 team that is getting coached down to 6-6 (crossing fingers)

Yep. This is pretty accurate. Although without changes, I can't see 6 wins, and that sucks.

Making matters worse is that nebby is a Wisc game win from winning the West. The Horror!

Neither talent or coaching are B10 caliber on this team & staff.
Been reading for years about all the recruits we stole from Western Michigan and Toledo. Unfortunately, that is what is now on the field. They try hard, and they are good kids. But they are not B10 quality talent.
Defense is horrible.
OL is horrible.
Both coaches have had their chance to recruit and maker progress. And both areas are going in the wrong direction.
Time for Parker and Brian Ferentz to be shown the door.

100% coaching. One just has to look at Jake Rudock. Goes to Michigan for one year and now in the NFL. Feel bad for CJ. I think he has the arm and skill to make it to the NFL, but with these coaches, it may not happen.

We don't have the best talent for sure. We lack speed (watch any other game on Saturday and you see it), but our scheme is outdated and compresses everything to make even our guys who have speed, look slow.

Last year we had bad teams, and inspired play and it was the perfect storm. CJ had more of a spark too, which is lacking this year.

Our coaches could do so much more to play to our strengths (running game) but we don't

Last year was the talent of an 8-4 team that was coached up and benefited from schedule. This year is the talent of an 8-4 team that is getting coached down to 6-6 (crossing fingers)

This is in no way, shape, or form an 8-4 team.. This team is downright awful.

Agree with all responses here.

Need to get rid of this coaching staff from top to bottom & cut ties with some of these players.

I'd be open to the idea of opening up some position battles & see how players respond.

One player who hurts us is Brandon Snyder. He blew the touchdown run by Justin Jackson. His poor tackling and lack of speed.

100% coaching. One just has to look at Jake Rudock. Goes to Michigan for one year and now in the NFL. Feel bad for CJ. I think he has the arm and skill to make it to the NFL, but with these coaches, it may not happen.
Glaringly obvious.

Agree with all responses here.

Need to get rid of this coaching staff from top to bottom & cut ties with some of these players.

I'd be open to the idea of opening up some position battles & see how players respond.

One player who hurts us is Brandon Snyder. He blew the touchdown run by Justin Jackson. His poor tackling and lack of speed.
If he got beat due to lack of speed who is at fault?

I disagree. I think based on talent alone they should be 5-0 right now with more wins coming against Illinois and Purdue and at least one of MN and PSU.

But , instead they are 3-2 with me hoping they can somehow find 3 more wins with this inept coaching.

I disagree. I think based on talent alone they should be 5-0 right now with more wins coming against Illinois and Purdue and at least one of MN and PSU.

But , instead they are 3-2 with me hoping they can somehow find 3 more wins with this inept coaching.

These arguments remind me of 2006 and 2010.

Fellow Hawks would say to me, "We just have 6-win talent . . . 8-win talent."

No, we have an uninspiring and unimaginative coach who just signed a big contract and believes his own press clippings.

If we have a poor season at least we will get some good draft picks...

Wait, if we have a bad season...we will have no draft picks and the same apathetic coach for 10 more years.

They need more talent. Period. We have numerous players that would never step foot on the field at any school like osu Clemson Louisville ext.ext. As much as I like Riley maccaron and a bunch of other players they wouldn't play at any other school I watched today

It's simply Iowa football and college football. Compare the last 3 years and see how many Iowa games w/ 6 min left we could win or lose.... 9 last year - came out 8-1. This year 1-2 so far. Look back from 2001 on and that's Iowa football for 9 games a year on average - how do we finish those games determines record. Coaches are planning, practicing same as last year and every other year.

College football - believe KF said it in August - on average 8 in preseason top 25 are out and 8 new in by end of year. After ONLY 5 games - Okla, Fla St, LSU (top 5), ND, Iowa, Ga, Ore - have lost twice or more.... college football - every year - might not like it - but reality.

Latest posts