Coaches Poll is out - Iowa stays at #8

Everybody ahead of us won, so I really wouldn't of expected us to move up even if we would of won comfortably. I just wish they would boot USC out of there, they lost to Washington, they don't belong ahead of the unbeatens.

TCU moves up...everything else stayed pretty much status quo. I said it many times on here, in my blog, and in other boards I frequent...if we go undefeated, we're going to be screwed by the human polls.

I guess that should be expected, but ... ugh. It's certainly nothing I can "prove", but I suspect that Iowa is paying for how poorly the Big-10 performed in the bowl games last year. Granted, the ugly wins (UNI & ASU) played their part, but I think 1-5 (if I remember correctly) in the bowl games last year is a big part of being behind Cincinnati, Boise State, and TCU. Being behind USC is just idiocy... they could lose to Illinois and still be ranked in the top 5 by the coaches.

This is actually a good thing here.
We will overtake cincy now that they didn't move up in the polls and Iowa has jumped up quite a bit in the computer.

If everyone remembers, it was pretty much a tie before that.

Boise State is going to be 4th if harris poll gives them some love.

TCU is Nasty, they should be ranked higher than us.

BSU hasn't played anybody other than Oregon. We should jump them with our SOS if we take care of business.

Cincinnati is good, but they are in a worse position than we are as far as the conference they play in . If we hold serve, we will jump them as well

This is pretty weak.... but it is good to see Arizona helping us.

Penn State is too close... we whooped that team hardcore in the white house.

This is a good jump for Iowa. We get closer points-wise to both Cincinnati and Boise State in this poll. We'll see if we can gain on them in the Harris poll. If we do, I expect us to pass at least one, maybe both.

How in the world can a 1 loss team be in front of 4 undefeated teams. Oh my bad it's USC that explains everything.

We'd have to know what the percentage of points we got versus the other two teams in question. That's how it's factored in the BCS formula.

I'm figuring it out now. Iowa this week has .736 points percentage this week, up .033from last week. Cincy has a .763 points percentage among the coaches, up just .015 from last week, so we gained on them. Boise has a points percentage of .781, steady from last week, so we gain on them, too. TCU has a .767 points percentage this week, a gain of .042, which they gain on us by .009.

We'll have to wait until the Harris Poll and the computer averages are released to see whether we do gain on Cincy and Boise or if TCU jumps us. BTW, USC has a .843 points percentage, up by just .004, so we gain on that, too.

I'm sorry..there is NO way that a team who lost to Washington should be ranked above undefeated teams...

This only proves that the human polls are utter and complete crap.

Either let a computer do these rankings...or set up a playoff system..

Latest posts