Coach "Mac"

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
I've seen this creeping up reading and talking to people. To each his own, but are we really going to have another Mac in the state?

I've seen this creeping up reading and talking to people. To each his own, but are we really going to have another Mac in the state?

Stormin, I think with the way things are going for ISU BB right now, we won't have to worry about having more than 1 "Mac" coach in the state in another year.

Having said that I still like Fran or Caff rather than "Mac"

I've been calling him Coach Fran. We need to find out what he prefers. I'm sure Coach Lickliter never warmed to being called Lick, and his son probably didn't love being called Little Lick.

What was the line from the movie Stripes?
Was it, "Don't ever call me Francis!"
Didn't Seargeant Hulka respond, "Lighten up, Francis!"

Last edited:
What was the line from the movie Stripes?Was it, "Don't ever call me Francis!"Didn't Seargeant Hulka respond, "Lighten up, Francis!"

Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everyone calls me Psycho...any of you guys calls ME Francis....an' I'll kill you! And I don't like nobody touching my stuff...so keep your meat hooks off! I catch any of you guys, in my stuff...an' I'll kill you! Also...I don't like nobody touching me! Now...any of you homos touches me...an' I'll kill you!

Sgt. Hulka: Lighten up, Francis...

I was told by a Scottish native that Mac is Scotish and Mc is Irish. Since we know that McCaffery is Irish then the proper spelling is Mc.

We could borrow off the Mickey D's nickname for McDonalds and have Mickey C's instead.

Latest posts