Coach K rips NCAA on one-and-done

MK is completely full of shit and selfishly thinking about it backwards.

He says he wants to keep talent in the NCAA. Make it more attractive.

Well, here’s a fuckin news flash—unless salaries and player pay equals what the NBA pays, there is always going to be rampant corruption in college basketball. You think Williamson would have played at Duke for a year if someone paid him even $100K?? Hell no. The only reason any of those guys go is because they have to.

Take away the one and done instead of fighting the corruption it brings, and move on with your life. If the one and done goes away, so does all this corruption bullshit because all of the players good enough for people to make illegal payments to, and good enough that schools pay shady agents to recruit, are going pro right out of high school like they should be.

Coach K is whining because he'll have to come down to Earth and coach with a non-NBA loaded roster....just like everyone else.
No way. He’ll keeep getting one and done players like he always does. Nothing’s going to change whatsoever.

If you read the article he’s arguing for making college ball more attractive to keep kids from leaving, which is a fool’s game because as long as the NBA is off limits and pays more you’re going to have corruption.

MK will be just fine just like Saban is always fine.

No way. He’ll keeep getting one and done players like he always does. Nothing’s going to change whatsoever.

If you read the article he’s arguing for making college ball more attractive to keep kids from leaving, which is a fool’s game because as long as the NBA is off limits and pays more you’re going to have corruption.

MK will be just fine just like Saban is always fine.
He's not going to get them after the NBA allows them to jump straight from high school.

Personally, I'd like to see the G League expand and turn it into a farm system for the NBA much like the minor leagues are a farm system for MLB. Let the HS seniors opt for the basketball farm system much like the HS seniors can opt for the baseball farm system. Some talent will go there, some will go to college to further develop their talent - just like baseball. And there are a lot of college baseball players getting drafted to play MLB, so it wouldn't be a deterrent for basketball either.

IIRC, college baseball players are required to stay in college for three years before they can leave for MLB; their penalty is to pay back the scholarship money if they leave early. I'd like that rule as well.

Exactly. Therefore, he will NOT be getting one and done players like he always has.
Jesus. You don’t get it, do ya?

Your first post you started saying how MK is mad because he won’t get the recruiting advantage anymore. Which is bullshit. He’ll still have just as much of an advantage as he always did. Just because the one and dones would go away doesn’t put him at a disadvantage because they go away for everyone. So Duke would still be getting the best NCAA recruits.

Jesus. You don’t get it, do ya?

Your first post you started saying how MK is mad because he won’t get the recruiting advantage anymore. Which is bullshit. He’ll still have just as much of an advantage as he always did. Just because the one and dones would go away doesn’t put him at a disadvantage because they go away for everyone. So Duke would still be getting the best NCAA recruits.
Read my post again. NON NBA TALENT was my exact words to describe it. Not what you read. I can quote the entire comment for you, if you need me to. Do you need me to?

I'm sorry, but I've had many of arguments over Coach K with former Duke graduates. Their fantasy land about what a great coach he is happens to be laughable. I'm not saying he's not a very good coach...no, I'm saying he's way overrated. The guy has a roster of 5 star players and SHOULD be in the final four. His greatest coaching skill in my opinion is his ability to keep the egos mostly in check on that roster of 5 star players. He's a great recruiter though...that is unquestioned. I'm sorry, but there are probably 4 programs in the country that get the number and type of players that Duke has year in a year out...Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and maybe Michigan State.

He's upset about the one and done rule going away for one reason...he is negatively impacted...period. Suck it up Coach K...the playing field just got somewhat more leveled...say goodbye to the Final Four every year.

The fact that he couldn't get to the Final Four with the roster he had this year...is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but I've had many of arguments over Coach K with former Duke graduates. Their fantasy land about what a great coach he is happens to be laughable. I'm not saying he's not a very good coach...no, I'm saying he's way overrated. The guy has a roster of 5 star players and SHOULD be in the final four. His greatest coaching skill in my opinion is his ability to keep the egos mostly in check on that roster of 5 star players. He's a great recruiter though...that is unquestioned. I'm sorry, but there are probably 4 programs in the country that get the number and type of players that Duke has year in a year out...Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and maybe Michigan State.

He's upset about the one and done rule going away for one reason...he is negatively impacted...period. Suck it up Coach K...the playing field just got somewhat more leveled...say goodbye to the Final Four every year.

The fact that he couldn't get to the Final Four with the roster he had this year...is ridiculous.
The #1 recruiting class the last 3 years in a row. No ACC regular season titles. No Final Fours to show for it.

It doesn’t bother me when a senior is upset and often cries after losing in the NCAA Tournament. I have no sympathy for a one and done Duke team. Come on back and win it next year or go make your millions. Why the tears?