Coach Ferentz has made a Quasi-Statement on Jewel/Jordan

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
June 5, 2010

Iowa football players Jewel Hampton and Jordan Bernstine were involved in an incident late Friday evening. The following is a statement from Iowa Football Coach Kirk Ferentz:

“I am aware of the incident involving Jordan Bernstine and Jewel Hampton Friday evening and at this time I am in the process of gathering all the facts concerning the incident. Until I have all the facts, I’ll have no further comment and the incident will be handled internally.”

Because if he didn't, everyone would ask what Ferentz said.

Moderators can't win... but Stormin knows this :)

I would've preferred "Jewell and Jordan are suspended a game for being dumbasses and I will run them until they puke all summer long".

Why don't you think they will be suspended. The statement doesn't rule it out. I would guess they will get a game off.

Why don't you think they will be suspended. The statement doesn't rule it out. I would guess they will get a game off.

Knowing who that question was directed at would be helpful, and it doesn't appear that anyone thinks they won't be suspended.

Personally, my guess is that they both miss the opener.

I would've preferred "Jewell and Jordan are suspended a game for being dumbasses and I will run them until they puke all summer long".

This is what will be said in the locker room. And no one will know the truth until the beans are spilled in 50 years at some reunion.

I'd guess Jordon may have just sewn up a second team role barring injuries and Jewel will have to win a starting job with his game performances. Kids do stupid things and these guys may have tossed away their seasons if the starters perform well. It may be tough to get back on the field if the first game starters do the job. We all know Kirk well enough to not be looking to see these guys on the field in game one.

It will be interesting to see how the new team leadership deals with this.

They will both sit a game or two depending on what happened. Kirk usually lets the punishment fit the crime, unless they were way out of line.

Latest posts