Clown predictions.

I don't think PR will survive another year if he doesn't win this game. KF on the other hand probably can. That will get PR extra fired up.

Last edited:
It wouldn't totally shock me if ISU gets to 5 or 6 wins. Not because they are good, but because the Big12 is pretty weak again this year. Kansas, ISU and Texas Tech are pathetic (that is 30% of the conference). K-State, Oklahoma, Okie St., Texas and West Virginia are average and beatable. The top two of Baylor and TCU are really good.

Outside of those two, it wouldn't shock me if ISU could beat any of the other 7, as they just aren't that good. That said, I don't think they will because they are terrible, and Rhoads might say all night and day that the "culture has change", but I will believe it when I see it on the field.

What a Joke! Even though I know it is RARELY a Blow Out agasint the Clowns, but they are not very good hopefully this year the boys will make a statement. In my opinion, ISU has no business even being on the same field as Iowa let alone competing with them.

The Hawks need to finally show up for the Suckclowns game so we can not lose to a 2 maybe 3 win team AT BEST!

GO HAWKS!

I believe the clowns will be 50% better and reach that elusive 3 win mark. As for our game with them I hope we're beating the by 100 late in the 4th quarter and I'm hoping for one more score.

If clowns can dream about 6-8 wins I can dream about a Kirk Ferentz offense.

I think UNI and KU games are going to be wins. I think two more among Iowa, Toledo, TT, and UT will be wins. The rest are losses with some real rake your yard Saturday's built in. But let's be honest the difference between a 2 win team and a 4 win team on the misery index is low.
I remember when we won only four games, once.

There's very little optimism about ISU football so I don't know what board you guys are reading. I see an occasional optimist post being ridiculed by other fans. I feel like I'm on strawman.com

He who is so blind that he can not see.

ISU was 2 plays away from going 0-12 last year. Every year we hear how their offensive line has finally arrived. Every year we hear about their great wide receivers. They have talent, but when does the talent actually produce what is said about them. They could turn the corner this year but I'm taking a wait and see attitude on it. I know a lot of us are somewhat pessimistic about our team this year but it seemed like in the off season there was more emphasis being put on this game. I'm praying we rout them.

It wouldn't totally shock me if ISU gets to 5 or 6 wins. Not because they are good, but because the Big12 is pretty weak again this year. Kansas, ISU and Texas Tech are pathetic (that is 30% of the conference). K-State, Oklahoma, Okie St., Texas and West Virginia are average and beatable. The top two of Baylor and TCU are really good.

Outside of those two, it wouldn't shock me if ISU could beat any of the other 7, as they just aren't that good. That said, I don't think they will because they are terrible, and Rhoads might say all night and day that the "culture has change", but I will believe it when I see it on the field.

Texas is going to turn it around. Next year will be their year but they should improve drastically....They always have some athletic studs on the team but Strong is a better coach today than Mack Brown was in the end. Don't expect them to be down for long.

New to this site. I am a season ticket holder at Iowa. Have been since 2002. Purchased single games prior to that as it was easy to get in when one wanted to go. My wife is an Iowa State grad. Since ISU was offering fairly low prices on their tickets I went ahead and purchased two season tickets to their games. We always go to the Iowa game there when in Ames and usually have to thrown down some serious cash to get decent seats to get in, so instead of doing that I purchased two season tickets. originally purchased the $175 seats, but when went online to select seats I picked two of the $250 seats that are down lower in the southwest corner in a new section. Not the official end zone club seats where I could go inside and buy alcohol but will have new rest rooms and concessions. The only games I will be attending are the Iowa game there (yes, wearing the black and gold!) and then the TCU game there when Iowa is away that weekend. Always good to see a modern offense at work. That said I would be all for ISU winning that game. I don't totally always understand why a number of Iowa fans want ISU to lose all their games. I want them to win every one but one and that is to the Hawks. I tell my wife that I want the Clones to win every game but one and the one I want them to lose is to the Hawks and I want the Hawks to put the beat down on the Clones. Other than that I would love to see ISU kick the snot out of Texas or Oklahoma. Why not. It doesn't do Iowa much good if a team they play loses most of their games so why do we want them to lose even if there is a group of Clone fans that like it when Iowa loses to any team. In my younger days, yes I hated the Clones enough to want them to lose every game, but age has tempered that and would prefer they end every year with 1 loss. I have attended every Iowa/ISU game at Ames for the last 4 or 5 games and generally have been treated well. My wife wears her ISU stuff when ISU plays at Iowa and the Iowa fans in general are good. What I didn't appreciate last year was the shirtless end zone photo last year after the game with at least one shirtless coach and the ISU lineman. I hope that photo resurfaces in a few weeks. So I am probably one of the bigger conundrums on this site as I technically have season tickets to both Iowa and ISU games. My wife might use the ISU tickets on other weekends. I know she is going to the ISU / UNI game and I am taking some kids to the Iowa / Illinois State game. Then it is game on the weekend after in Ames where I do want the Hawks to crush the Clones. I am going to the rest of the Iowa home games thereafter and probably the TCU / ISU game in Ames when Iowa is away. The one Iowa away game I am going to is the Wisconsin game (unless Iowa starts 2-2 or worse then I ain't traveling to Madison). Last year we went to the Illinois game away and had a wonderful drive home in the snow storm. Talk about an empty deflated stadium. Couldn't believe the low attendance at Illinois and the student section was almost non-existent compared to the last time Iowa played there when it was very loud.

I have no idea what ISU's record will be this year, but I would predict if the QB remains healthy they will definitely put up points. Will have to be passing and spreading stuff out as the run game would be suspect. It is almost a Sam Brownlee type year for them it seems. They will have to be aggressive about going for it on 4th downs also with not a lot to lose. I just have a hard time believing their defense will hold up. Their best defense should be their offense. I just don't think ISU will beat Iowa. If they do, Ferentz has to know the season becomes toxic and it will snow ball. A loss in this game this year is just not acceptable. Iowa has to be 2-0 heading into the Pitt game and then we got some momentum.

By the way, Pollard came out with those $99 ticket packs after I purchased the two season tickets for my wife. Once I saw those come out I was like damn it. Would have been cheaper, but the location of seats would not have been as good. I understand wanting to fill the stadium there. They need the noise to help create momentum. Having been there for a number of the Iowa games, it can get quite loud even as open as the stadium was. Can't imagine what it will sound like now. Of course their scoreboard / sound operator likes to run the music loud when Iowa has the ball almost up until the time Iowa is getting ready to snap the ball. I know the ref told them to cut it out at least once in the last Iowa game there.

I was pessimistic about Iowa football following the last 3 games of last season. Time has tempered that and I am ready for a new season and yes I do have hope. Our defense will likely have to cover for our offense for the first few games at least until some of the younger guys get some game experience. The game in Ames will at least test them in terms of noise level and intensity which will be good experience prior to heading to Madison later on. I am willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt for now and I will be in the stands. If we lose one of the first two or god forbid lose both it will just be toxic and I'd be back to wanting change myself. Such a season of anticipation as to what the heck we will have. I hope Drew Ott takes on the leader role on defense. We lacked leadership last year on both sides of the ball.

Sorry to hear about your wife.

Latest posts