Clown predictions.

I'm 100% sure that Iowa beats them. I am 75% sure about every team but UNI beating them. I am 50/50 about them losing to UNI. So that is why I have them with 0-2 wins this year.

Yes, I said no rational fan would be 100%.

Keep that positive energy though. Play on playa.

There's very little optimism about ISU football so I don't know what board you guys are reading. I see an occasional optimist post being ridiculed by other fans. I feel like I'm on strawman.com

When you've won 5 total games in two seasons predicting 5 wins in one season is optimism there genius. Read the damn link that this thread is about. Almost everyone in that thread is predicting at least a 4 or 5 win season. The leader of the Merry Band of Morons, Chris Williams, is predicting 5 wins. That is being optimistic. Figure it out.

I'm with MHA. Ferentz doesn't let the team play against ISU and I don't understand why. Look at last year as a perfect example. We kept running Weisman regardless of how many guys they had in the box. We didn't throw against their porous secondary which made zero sense. Sadly, I will be surprised if we beat them. Even worse I think UNI will beat them beforehand.

Not sure why we are talking about the Clones but as long as we are They will score some points this year. I think they will put the ball in the air 80% of the time and about 10% QB running. Wins over UNI and Kansas are very likely. I hate to say it but I think they beat us also. Toledo will not be easy.
Other than that they very well may lose the rest, but I think they may get 1 or 2 with Texas Tech, K State, Ok State and maybe Texas as candidates. 3-5 wins. If they win 2 all Hell will break lose. If they win six Rhoads may save his job

Look- last year they were a three win team, or two, or whatever, I don't know, they blew, I know that. They beat us at home, with two pros on our o line and two on our d line. i absolutely think we could be bad this year, I just don't see much to anything at all on offense that can make a play. Regardless of what all the HN coaches say, we prolly can't throw 60 yard passes to tevaun each play and the o line looks really really scary right now. On the clown side, they have a senior qb that despite his horrific record due to who he's played with, I think is a competitor and not that bad. Plus they have a good wr group and they have a ton of jucos that they've brought in on d, which Kurt would NEVER do. Bottom line-
i hate ketchup and mustard with all my being, and they are a top five worst power five program of all time, and we should lose to them twice every fifteen years, BUT, we blow balls right now, recruiting outside of this year has been very poor, and we do not get up for lames. We prolly lose again. Ridic

Iowa has won 22 of the last 32 against the clowns, including 2 of the last 3 at Lames. Iowa takes this one too. Iowa's defense is too much for the clowns to move the ball against effectively. Iowa's offense benefits from a lot of short fields. Iowa wins this one 34-6.

2-10 w/ their wins coming from Tx Tech, Iowa, UNI, or Kansas. All toss ups in my book except I give ISU the slight edge vs. IA, UNI and Kansas. Coin flip on tech. could happen. If their QB figures it out somehow they may blow the roof off the place and win 4 though this year

Look- last year they were a three win team, or two, or whatever, I don't know, they blew, I know that. They beat us at home, with two pros on our o line and two on our d line. i absolutely think we could be bad this year, I just don't see much to anything at all on offense that can make a play. Regardless of what all the HN coaches say, we prolly can't throw 60 yard passes to tevaun each play and the o line looks really really scary right now. On the clown side, they have a senior qb that despite his horrific record due to who he's played with, I think is a competitor and not that bad. Plus they have a good wr group and they have a ton of jucos that they've brought in on d, which Kurt would NEVER do. Bottom line-
i hate ketchup and mustard with all my being, and they are a top five worst power five program of all time, and we should lose to them twice every fifteen years, BUT, we blow balls right now, recruiting outside of this year has been very poor, and we do not get up for lames. We prolly lose again. Ridic

I don't disagree with anything that you've said. However, I would add that the Clones offensive line is a big ? and that's a big problem. It has been for quite some time and they lost their best player from a year ago. If their o-line can't do their job then Richardson will likely get hurt again. They have a nice group of receivers. There's no doubt about that, but it will be difficult for them to make plays if Richardson doesn't have time to get them the ball. Plus, it's been a LONG time since the Clones have had anything resembling a rushing attack outside of the QB running for his life.

I agree Iowa's o-line is obviously a huge ? also. The difference is ISU doesn't have defensive ends like Iowa has. Iowa's strength and experience on the offensive line is at center and guard. Tucker is probably going to be ISU's best defensive lineman and he's going to be matched up with a future NFL player in Blythe. On the flip side, it will be Drew Ott vs a RS SO in Jake Campos at LT and Nate Meier vs Brock Dagel at RT. Ott and Meier are capable of having a big game with those match-ups. ISU won't be able to run the ball and their veer option type crap SHOULD be made difficult by Ott and Meier. In my opinion the rivalry game this year comes down to how disruptive Ott/Meier can be.

New to this site. I am a season ticket holder at Iowa. Have been since 2002. Purchased single games prior to that as it was easy to get in when one wanted to go. My wife is an Iowa State grad. Since ISU was offering fairly low prices on their tickets I went ahead and purchased two season tickets to their games. We always go to the Iowa game there when in Ames and usually have to thrown down some serious cash to get decent seats to get in, so instead of doing that I purchased two season tickets. originally purchased the $175 seats, but when went online to select seats I picked two of the $250 seats that are down lower in the southwest corner in a new section. Not the official end zone club seats where I could go inside and buy alcohol but will have new rest rooms and concessions. The only games I will be attending are the Iowa game there (yes, wearing the black and gold!) and then the TCU game there when Iowa is away that weekend. Always good to see a modern offense at work. That said I would be all for ISU winning that game. I don't totally always understand why a number of Iowa fans want ISU to lose all their games. I want them to win every one but one and that is to the Hawks. I tell my wife that I want the Clones to win every game but one and the one I want them to lose is to the Hawks and I want the Hawks to put the beat down on the Clones. Other than that I would love to see ISU kick the snot out of Texas or Oklahoma. Why not. It doesn't do Iowa much good if a team they play loses most of their games so why do we want them to lose even if there is a group of Clone fans that like it when Iowa loses to any team. In my younger days, yes I hated the Clones enough to want them to lose every game, but age has tempered that and would prefer they end every year with 1 loss. I have attended every Iowa/ISU game at Ames for the last 4 or 5 games and generally have been treated well. My wife wears her ISU stuff when ISU plays at Iowa and the Iowa fans in general are good. What I didn't appreciate last year was the shirtless end zone photo last year after the game with at least one shirtless coach and the ISU lineman. I hope that photo resurfaces in a few weeks. So I am probably one of the bigger conundrums on this site as I technically have season tickets to both Iowa and ISU games. My wife might use the ISU tickets on other weekends. I know she is going to the ISU / UNI game and I am taking some kids to the Iowa / Illinois State game. Then it is game on the weekend after in Ames where I do want the Hawks to crush the Clones. I am going to the rest of the Iowa home games thereafter and probably the TCU / ISU game in Ames when Iowa is away. The one Iowa away game I am going to is the Wisconsin game (unless Iowa starts 2-2 or worse then I ain't traveling to Madison). Last year we went to the Illinois game away and had a wonderful drive home in the snow storm. Talk about an empty deflated stadium. Couldn't believe the low attendance at Illinois and the student section was almost non-existent compared to the last time Iowa played there when it was very loud.

I have no idea what ISU's record will be this year, but I would predict if the QB remains healthy they will definitely put up points. Will have to be passing and spreading stuff out as the run game would be suspect. It is almost a Sam Brownlee type year for them it seems. They will have to be aggressive about going for it on 4th downs also with not a lot to lose. I just have a hard time believing their defense will hold up. Their best defense should be their offense. I just don't think ISU will beat Iowa. If they do, Ferentz has to know the season becomes toxic and it will snow ball. A loss in this game this year is just not acceptable. Iowa has to be 2-0 heading into the Pitt game and then we got some momentum.

By the way, Pollard came out with those $99 ticket packs after I purchased the two season tickets for my wife. Once I saw those come out I was like damn it. Would have been cheaper, but the location of seats would not have been as good. I understand wanting to fill the stadium there. They need the noise to help create momentum. Having been there for a number of the Iowa games, it can get quite loud even as open as the stadium was. Can't imagine what it will sound like now. Of course their scoreboard / sound operator likes to run the music loud when Iowa has the ball almost up until the time Iowa is getting ready to snap the ball. I know the ref told them to cut it out at least once in the last Iowa game there.

I was pessimistic about Iowa football following the last 3 games of last season. Time has tempered that and I am ready for a new season and yes I do have hope. Our defense will likely have to cover for our offense for the first few games at least until some of the younger guys get some game experience. The game in Ames will at least test them in terms of noise level and intensity which will be good experience prior to heading to Madison later on. I am willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt for now and I will be in the stands. If we lose one of the first two or god forbid lose both it will just be toxic and I'd be back to wanting change myself. Such a season of anticipation as to what the heck we will have. I hope Drew Ott takes on the leader role on defense. We lacked leadership last year on both sides of the ball.

Clowns are saying they might have a good o line this year? Anyone got a breakdown on what they have? Just looking at height and weight they have more than we have, I don't believe it either but that's what the roster says. They have a bunch of jucos in the mix on their d line, one affectionately known as doobie. Also good size in the d line too. I think their d backs are above average, receivers above average as well. I would not be surprised in the least of they lose to the purple people and beat us. Sad how far we've sunk

When you've won 5 total games in two seasons predicting 5 wins in one season is optimism there genius. Read the damn link that this thread is about. Almost everyone in that thread is predicting at least a 4 or 5 win season. The leader of the Merry Band of Morons, Chris Williams, is predicting 5 wins. That is being optimistic. Figure it out.

Go ahead and include the crap spewed on his radio show, Cyclonefanatics, as well. Been many callers predicting the same thing. Also seen it tweeted and posted on social media.

On a positive note, when ISU beats Iowa that will be the final straw in Kirk's legacy and he will be out sooner than later giving new hope and life to the Iowa program going forward while Iowa State gives Rhoads an extension and keeps him around for 10 more years for beating Iowa. Iowa's new coach will "get it" and beat and embarrass ISU going forward making Cyclone fans have nothing to cheer about the rest of the season and are completely miserable. Maybe we should thank them for beating Kirk's Iowa teams?

I don't disagree with anything that you've said. However, I would add that the Clones offensive line is a big ? and that's a big problem. It has been for quite some time and they lost their best player from a year ago. If their o-line can't do their job then Richardson will likely get hurt again. They have a nice group of receivers. There's no doubt about that, but it will be difficult for them to make plays if Richardson doesn't have time to get them the ball. Plus, it's been a LONG time since the Clones have had anything resembling a rushing attack outside of the QB running for his life.

I agree Iowa's o-line is obviously a huge ? also. The difference is ISU doesn't have defensive ends like Iowa has. Iowa's strength and experience on the offensive line is at center and guard. Tucker is probably going to be ISU's best defensive lineman and he's going to be matched up with a future NFL player in Blythe. On the flip side, it will be Drew Ott vs a RS SO in Jake Campos at LT and Nate Meier vs Brock Dagel at RT. Ott and Meier are capable of having a big game with those match-ups. ISU won't be able to run the ball and their veer option type crap SHOULD be made difficult by Ott and Meier. In my opinion the rivalry game this year comes down to how disruptive Ott/Meier can be.

Not a bad take, but Meier and Ott didn't really do much last year, and the tackles should honestly be improved for ISU this year. Last you had a redshirt freshman who was totally undersized in Campos and a Dagel prior to getting hurt. Either way no outcome to this game would surprise me.

Last year Drew Ott had 8 sacks, 12 tackles for loss and earned second team all big 10 honors. I would consider that much.

Those clown fans are crazy. That is a 2 win team at best, and Iowa will clobber them.

ISU may be only a 2-win team, but not sure Hawks are good enough to clobber them in Ames. And yes, Clone fans are a bit nuts. The level of optimism that is generated just by a coach who screams and yells but couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag is stunning.

I don't know. Iowa has played pretty well in Lames recently. They won 2 of the last 3 games, completely dominating 7.5 quarters in those 2 wins. They won't be the least bit intimidated playing there, and a lot of the team has won there already.

Not a bad take, but Meier and Ott didn't really do much last year, and the tackles should honestly be improved for ISU this year. Last you had a redshirt freshman who was totally undersized in Campos and a Dagel prior to getting hurt. Either way no outcome to this game would surprise me.

No one on either side did much last year. Both defenses played pretty well. The score was 20-17. Not like either offense was lighting it up. I don't expect it to be much different this year.

The biggest difference between the two years is Iowa's change in QB's and actually having a RB on the field instead of a FB. ISU stacked the box last year and Iowa refused to try to go over the top. They attempted 1 throw more than 20 yards down the field the entire game. They didn't throw a pass to a WR until the 4th quarter. That's insane! A big part of that is poor coaching, but part of it was also Rudock's conservative nature. Even if Kirk and Co. have asked CJ not to take as many chances he will still throw the ball down the field more than Jake did.

Kirk knows how important this game is going to be for his future. He knows this game can't be a loss. For some reason, I don't think he'll be holding anything back this year and for that reason I think Iowa wins it.

Latest posts