Clemmons team is rolling!

RADMAN

Clemmons scored 20 to help Lansing Sexton win the regional for the third staight year. Sexton is 24-1 and looking to repeat as state champion. Clemmons will be a suprise to a lot who think he will be two or three deep in the rotation next year. I see him as a contributor much like White this year. He just has that "thing" that makes good players great.

I think Gesell, Clemmons, Ingram, Oglesby and at times Marble, is going to make up a pretty solid backcourt next year. Gesell, Clemmons and Ingram can learn on the fly, and if need be, you could put the experience that Marble has gained at the PG position.

I keep reading about this kid on here... sounds like he will be the starter and a stud at that.

Does anyone know why he has only low mid major offers besides Iowa?

Serious question. Academic risk keeping the big boys from offering?

I keep reading about this kid on here... sounds like he will be the starter and a stud at that.

Does anyone know why he has only low mid major offers besides Iowa?

Serious question. Academic risk keeping the big boys from offering?

I have no idea on academics (although Fran hasn't seemed to take any obvious risks on academic-related issues in the past). And I have no idea if Clemmons will turn out to be really good or not.

But I will say this. So much of a kid's "ranking" is based on what they do in AAU summer tournaments or a couple specific camps at a ridiculously young age...often in the summers after their freshman and sophomore years. Rankings can change to a degree, but if a kid is pegged at a certain level (or not given any ranking at all) as a 15 or 16 year old, and then is a "late" bloomer at the salty old age of 17, they are likely only going to move up the ladder so much.

I have no idea on academics (although Fran hasn't seemed to take any obvious risks on academic-related issues in the past). And I have no idea if Clemmons will turn out to be really good or not.

But I will say this. So much of a kid's "ranking" is based on what they do in AAU summer tournaments or a couple specific camps at a ridiculously young age...often in the summers after their freshman and sophomore years. Rankings can change to a degree, but if a kid is pegged at a certain level (or not given any ranking at all) as a 15 or 16 year old, and then is a "late" bloomer at the salty old age of 17, they are likely only going to move up the ladder so much.

I agree. Rankings can be misleading.

I one of ISU's best recruit was barely ranked a 3 star, because he didnt play AAU.
However, Pitt, Arizona, UCONN, Rutgers all offered him.

I was just surprised to see that Clemmons didnt have any major offers. from what I have read. Offers are generally (not always) a good indicator of how good a kid is.

I agree. Rankings can be misleading.

I one of ISU's best recruit was barely ranked a 3 star, because he didnt play AAU.
However, Pitt, Arizona, UCONN, Rutgers all offered him.

I was just surprised to see that Clemmons didnt have any major offers. from what I have read. Offers are generally (not always) a good indicator of how good a kid is.

Yeah, look at all the awesome offers White had. ;)

Clemmons played on a loaded AAU team, as was Ingram, both were overshadowed by the upperclassmen, Clemmons is probably the overlooked kid in this class by the ranking people, as was Gesell as he was overshadowed by Paige and Woodbury but he still managed to be ranked the top 100.
Meyer is another player that played on a loaded AAU team in the Atlantic Celtics, which has Shaq Goodwin who is a 5* McD AA.
these kids all played on loaded AAU teams

They should have beaten Marshall the way they did...I don't know if Sexton will even be challenged, they are just that good for a Class B team, it is normally the most loaded Class in the state.

Hey herby: does Clemmons/Meyer/Gesell play for loaded AAU teams, I couldn't tell from your post. :D

Clemmons played on a loaded AAU team, as was Ingram, both were overshadowed by the upperclassmen, Clemmons is probably the overlooked kid in this class by the ranking people, as was Gesell as he was overshadowed by Paige and Woodbury but he still managed to be ranked the top 100.Meyer is another player that played on a loaded AAU team in the Atlantic Celtics, which has Shaq Goodwin who is a 5* McD AA.these kids all played on loaded AAU teams

Where would you rank MG in the overall rankings?

Clemmons played on a loaded AAU team, as was Ingram, both were overshadowed by the upperclassmen, Clemmons is probably the overlooked kid in this class by the ranking people, as was Gesell as he was overshadowed by Paige and Woodbury but he still managed to be ranked the top 100.
Meyer is another player that played on a loaded AAU team in the Atlantic Celtics, which has Shaq Goodwin who is a 5* McD AA.
these kids all played on loaded AAU teams

I thought Meyer played for the Atlanta Celtics. I guess not, as we all know that herby is never wrong.

I remember some recruiting guru in Michigan saying Clemmons is the best highschool pg in the state of Michigan

Latest posts