Clayborn's decline

Hey JD - What if the lockout lasts for 10 years? What if the new CBA jams rookies? He could have lost a ton of money.

LOL...sure, those would have an impact.

The time value of money probably plays into things here too, but he chose to stay in school and earn his degree and play another year. There is value in that, too.

However, the way things look right now, this year's rookie crop is going to be compensated under the old rules.

He's on the cusp of making more in one year than I will in my lifetime.

Good on him.

Clayborn made good decisions. He led us to 3 bowl wins. With a little LB play last fall (we didn't have any), 2010 would have been special. It wasn't, but he played well even though he was injured in the Wisky game.

One of the best players ever to wear the Tiger Hawk

Wow, the Bucs just followed taking Clayborn by getting Bowers. If both turn out fully healthy, the Bucs just got a huge steal and their D-line is going to be sick

That's what I was thinking Cy. Could be a great line, but its hard to tell how long that knee is going to last.

Correct. He was being viewed as a mid first rounder at best, more likely a 20-32 to pick.

Granted I remember checking it out right after the season, but I remember seeing him in the top 10 according to a couple of websites.

All that being said, it doesn't matter where you get projected. No way to say if he lost money. He went 20th when he was recently projected to go in the later 20s.

Latest posts