Classic TRAP game

koralakers

Between 2 trophy games. Not too mention following emotional win. Add in revenge game (63-0). Lovie has these guys ballin. They seem so much more athletic this year too. Very worried about this game.

source.gif

On the flip side, I think this is the classic Iowa team under Ferentz that is improving each and every week, and now that there is no B1G championship to play for the pressure is lifted and they can go out there and play a little looser. I think that if this team was going to suffer a letdown it was going to be last week against Minnesota, the game after we got knocked out of the race and an emotional loss at Wisconsin, but they responded really well. I think we handily beat Illinois and Nebraska to close it out. Then I think we show well in the bowl game no matter who we play.

Meh.

The only thing I care about is Nebraska.

Can’t lose to those inbred mongoloids. We’re going to a no name bowl whether we win two or lose two and we’ve been out of the division contention for a long time.

Stick a fork in those genetic defects or just stay in Lincoln till next year.

I havent watched a lot of Illinois but they are giving up about 28 points a game in the big 10. If the hawks come out like they did against Minny and attack to score I think the hawks will handle them by 10+ points. If KF goes conservative anything can happen. The hawk Dee will hold down the Illini as long as they dont give up big plays.

Speaking of trap, did anyone listen to Miller and Deace? I do like Deace's take on stuff, but man he thinks he is so objective when it comes to Michigan, but he isn't at all. He says this is a classic trap game because Iowa played Minnesota, then they go to Nebraska in 2 weeks, and Illinois is a total trap. Then he is talking about Michigan and they played MSU and in 2 weeks play OSU, but Indiana ISN'T a trap game because well ya know Michigan will "take them seriously". LOL.

BTW, I don't think this is gonna be a problem for Iowa. Illinois is living off turnovers. Illinois beat Wisconsin, MSU and Purdue and were +2 in TO in each of those games. They beat Rutgers and were +3 in TO. They were +3 in TO and couldn't beat Nebraska, they were +1 in TO vs Minnesota and got blown out. They were +0 in TO vs Michigan and got blown out. They were -1 in TO vs EMC and got beat.

If Iowa doesn't turn it over, they win easily.

Speaking of trap, did anyone listen to Miller and Deace? I do like Deace's take on stuff, but man he thinks he is so objective when it comes to Michigan, but he isn't at all. He says this is a classic trap game because Iowa played Minnesota, then they go to Nebraska in 2 weeks, and Illinois is a total trap. Then he is talking about Michigan and they played MSU and in 2 weeks play OSU, but Indiana ISN'T a trap game because well ya know Michigan will "take them seriously". LOL.

BTW, I don't think this is gonna be a problem for Iowa. Illinois is living off turnovers. Illinois beat Wisconsin, MSU and Purdue and were +2 in TO in each of those games. They beat Rutgers and were +3 in TO. They were +3 in TO and couldn't beat Nebraska, they were +1 in TO vs Minnesota and got blown out. They were +0 in TO vs Michigan and got blown out. They were -1 in TO vs EMC and got beat.

Just remember, when you are listening to Deace, he's wearing Michigan panties and Go Blue garter belts. He once said Devin Gardner was a Heisman Trophy candidate. That should tell you all you need to know.

You mean like when we opened up our offense and hammered Ohio state in 2017 only to revert back to sugarless vanilla the next two weeks and get smoked by Wisconsin and then came home to get beat by Purdue???

That is a classic trap game for Michigan if ever there was one. top They will get thumped if they're not ready to go. On top of that, Michigan has to travel and we don't. Deace is either pulling our leg or he is trolling.

Iowa has a lot of pieces in place now that weren't there a few weeks ago. Goodson; Welch; Brandon Smith; etc. etc.

I think we score 35 points and outscore them in an exciting game.

Meh.

Can’t lose to those inbred mongoloids. We’re going to a no name bowl whether we win two or lose two and we’ve been out of the division contention for a long time.

I do too but I want to do it coming off a win against IL and having looked good doing it. I don't want to give Neb any real hope they could put up a fight against us going in.

Meh.

We want them sitting at home for the holidays watching the Hawks play.

You mean like when we opened up our offense and hammered Ohio state in 2017 only to revert back to sugarless vanilla the next two weeks and get smoked by Wisconsin and then came home to get beat by Purdue???

Or how about when the Bills lost all those Super Bowls??? About as relevant.

Shoot, if avoiding turnovers at all costs is the plan, (high probability) fans will be treated to lots of Iowa punting, running backs gaining 3.0 PC, and pass attempts 7 yards or less. 6-2 win? Fielding a kick with the hopes of a return? LOL

Lots of tickets on Stub Hub for that Black Friday game for the Huskers. Last game and senior day and all those folks putting tickets up, many for less than face value. Git RRRRRRRRR Done. Cable Guy will be there.

Aside from bragging rights, it is strategic to keep a division foe from going to a bowl game, especially Nebraska, because it keeps them from continuing their season and having the ability for more practices. That 2-3 weeks of extra practice, if not more, is really beneficial for a young developing team. It allows the coaching staff to do a deep analysis of their program, allows them to take a look at some of the freshmen and some of the other younger guys when it may be hard during a season, and of course is good for morale. Its really like another camp.

Shoot, if avoiding turnovers at all costs is the plan, (high probability) fans will be treated to lots of Iowa punting, running backs gaining 3.0 PC, and pass attempts 7 yards or less. 6-2 win? Fielding a kick with the hopes of a return? LOL

And if Iowa wins 14-3 I will be happy, and you will still be grinding your axe. Que Sera Sera

Iowa has a lot of pieces in place now that weren't there a few weeks ago. Goodson; Welch; Brandon Smith; etc. etc.

I think we score 35 points and outscore them in an exciting game.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment. Even if Iowa could get to 35 this game, they will sit on it, take time off the clock and win 14-3. I will have as much fun watching the meltdown on here after the game as I will the actual game.

Isn't a trap game typically an inferior opponent wedged in between two good teams? By very definition this can't be a trap game because Illinois is better than Nebraska.