Clark Kellog just mentioned Iowa as one of the best teams in the Big......

Regardless of how this season plays out at least watching Iowa BBall is fun again.

As a kid I had no clue that teams didn't make the NCAA tournemant because Iowa was always in, all joking aside I hope that trend returns.

I went to the Iowa/Mizzou game in Columbia. I went with my wifes cousin who is a big Tiger fan. We just ran over them. It was a blast. The cousin really didnt like me much after that game.

I went to the Iowa/Mizzou game in Columbia. I went with my wifes cousin who is a big Tiger fan. We just ran over them. It was a blast. The cousin really didnt like me much after that game.

Missouri and cousins? You've said enough. Don't need to know anymore. JK. But you left it out there.

Clark K said......wow I didn't know how far we'd sunk with fans getting all excited what an announcer said....

I remember one game years ago, we were playing Missouri at Carver. It was a very rough game. Near the end, Andre Woolridge stole the ball, dribbled down court and slammed it with authority between two Missouri defenders. Clark, shouted: Andre Woolridge, if you are going to bring it, bring it strong......

We won a close one. Actually during the Alford years we had some very good teams and games against Missouri, almost classic games......

:)
I remember a coked up, beady eyed Quin Snyder getting his Jim Boeheim limp wrists all aflutter, arguing calls as he sweat his a$$ off while tweekin' out...ahhh the good ol' days!

You weren't around much during the Lick years were you?

I quit paying attention, especially when the nepotism started. It was tough. Started as a little kid and , Bruce Sky King, and Clay Hargrave. Hooked ever since. Until then.

Getting excited about an announcer is about like listening to things under Bob Commings and football. HF put an end to people having moral victories and almost beating Indiana, Nebraska, OU and so on.

There wasn't a person here that during the first several years of Alford that weren't excited. Hold onto your horses. The B1G will be here soon enough and then we'll know where Iowa is at on the basketball map.

Clark K said......wow I didn't know how far we'd sunk with fans getting all excited what an announcer said....

Some people are stone cold drags, Ill, any idea what it means to the team and Fran to be mentioned and talked about on national TV before millions of basketball fans.

Only a complete fool would not realize the improvement since the lick years and to get national recognition is a very big thing for thousands of Hawk fans, the Team and Fran and Staff....

:)

Last edited:
My old friend wouldn't talk to me after his Illinoy lost to missour.:D

I'm sorry to hear that, Atomic, the best thing you can do is light a votive candle for the salvation of his soul at the Cathedral......

Try to realize that he is only human, and subject to the frailty of Illinois fans everywhere.....

0.jpg

Signed, your pal, Jack......

I quit paying attention, especially when the nepotism started. It was tough. Started as a little kid and , Bruce Sky King, and Clay Hargrave. Hooked ever since. Until then.

Getting excited about an announcer is about like listening to things under Bob Commings and football. HF put an end to people having moral victories and almost beating Indiana, Nebraska, OU and so on.

There wasn't a person here that during the first several years of Alford that weren't excited. Hold onto your horses. The B1G will be here soon enough and then we'll know where Iowa is at on the basketball map.

Yeah, so not being talked is so much better...thanks for playing...trooll

Latest posts