Clark could Play for the Men's Team

Yeah, you'd have to be in shape .... which I can't exactly claim myself....but let's get real. I played against a couple of D1 girls back in my day and I wasn't good enough to play at even a small private school like Simpson or Morningside. I could beat both of them with one hand tied behind my back. Probably could beat both of them 2 on 1.
Don't forget that Clark also embarrasses those D1 women.

Don't forget that Clark also embarrasses those D1 women.
She does. No doubt. I wouldn't argue that. She is as dominant of women's basketball player I've watch. The GOAT imo.

I also don't think she would be able to beat and take a roster spot from any one of our walk ons.

Both things can be true.

She does. No doubt. I wouldn't argue that. She is as dominant of women's basketball player I've watch. The GOAT imo.

I also don't think she would be able to beat and take a roster spot from any one of our walk ons.

Both things can be true.
I agree on the walkons. I do think her and Jon Lickliter would be pretty close tho. He wasn't walkon material really.

Clark is awesome, the GOAT, that said, I think a lot of dudes on this forum could likely beat her in a game of basketball. Maybe not straight up shooting, but she would struggle against any dude over 6 foot in a game of basketball.
This.

Most decent sized 3A or 4A high school boys teams would hang 120 on any women's team in the tourney. And the WNBA champs for that matter.

Women's sports deserve just as many accolades as men's, but the two groups are about as far apart as you can get physically. It's biology. Women's Team USA soccer got beat handily by a Texas 14u boys team. Pat Summit said many times how when she needed more practice competition at Tennessee she'd send assistants down to their rec hall and get a bunch of guys who were playing intramural and pickup games to bring in, and they annihilated her women's teams. It's not even fair.

I remember my dad and some friends of his at work thought they were all that. One of the guys used to be a b-ball player and football player at drake - he arranged a game between the drake womans team and the guys at his work.

This was back in the 80s i believe. My mother watched and said it was hilarious... it was a slaughter and the men quit at half time.

In general, yes of course.. men are stronger and faster... but every situation is unique. I've played basketball with many women who could hold their own in a men's game.... at a divison 1 level? of course not.. but the 95% of the men on this forum couldn't either.

Supposition all over again

She is a college basketball player for the University of Iowa Women's Basketball Team

And, far and away, the best Women's college basketball player in the World

In the Women's college basketball world she is better, by far, than any of her opponents

They realize this and that is why they have to resort to Thug Tactics because of total frustration

There are not many male players who could have handled the Aztec D yesterday

It's All Good, Lads

The Hawks are the best women's basketball TEAM in America, they have played together
for 3/4 years and have complete teamplay and recognition almost like ESP

Opponents have to put 2 players on Monica and one dedicated to Caitlin

That leaves 2 opponents to guard Gabby, Kate, and Mckenna Warnock, a tall task because
they all can nail threes all day long

That is why I think they have a Solid chance to take the SC dolls down

Lol, she couldn't do it. I coached highly competitive and state ranked HS girls teams. A good Jr. High boys team easily dominated any of my girls teams.

Supposition all over again

She is a college basketball player for the University of Iowa Women's Basketball Team

And, far and away, the best Women's college basketball player in the World

In the Women's college basketball world she is better, by far, than any of her opponents

They realize this and that is why they have to resort to Thug Tactics because of total frustration

There are not many male players who could have handled the Aztec D yesterday

It's All Good, Lads

The Hawks are the best women's basketball TEAM in America, they have played together
for 3/4 years and have complete teamplay and recognition almost like ESP

Opponents have to put 2 players on Monica and one dedicated to Caitlin

That leaves 2 opponents to guard Gabby, Kate, and Mckenna Warnock, a tall task because
they all can nail threes all day long

That is why I think they have a Solid chance to take the SC dolls down
South Carolina is in a league of their own. The Maryland coach was asked what made them so special, her answer was they have 5 players on the bench that could start for us. Not knocking the Hawks but we are not in SC'S class. However, that is why you play the game.

To In Good Company: In no way would I label you as racist. It was only a general reaction to the thread. My apologies.

I'm genuinely curious is she suited up for the men what she would look like. Austin Ash? Little Lick?
She's 6' and about 150-160 just guessing I think... So she's not as big as JBo was when he first came.

Comparing her to men is so unfair I think. She wouldn't be as fast can't jump as high etc etc. Aaron Ulis would have his way with her on the court. And nobody here thinks he's any good....

She's 6' and about 150-160 just guessing I think... So she's not as big as JBo was when he first came.

Comparing her to men is so unfair I think. She wouldn't be as fast can't jump as high etc etc. Aaron Ulis would have his way with her on the court. And nobody here thinks he's any good....
Yeah. It's not a matter of being sexist, it's just that biologically male and female D1 athletes couldn't be farther apart. Males are bigger, faster, and stronger physically. Clark is the absolute best at what she does but she'd get run off the court on a men's squad. It wouldn't even be close. Zero chance she gets shots off against men's players. And that's ok because she's limited by chromosomes.

Look what happens when a trans-man (now a woman) competes in womens' sports (track, swimming).
Despite taking estrogens, the trans dominates.

It's biology.

Yeah. It's not a matter of being sexist, it's just that biologically male and female D1 athletes couldn't be farther apart. Males are bigger, faster, and stronger physically. Clark is the absolute best at what she does but she'd get run off the court on a men's squad. It wouldn't even be close. Zero chance she gets shots off against men's players. And that's ok because she's limited by chromosomes.
Yeah take that Nowell kid from KSU he's 5'8 so she's got 4 inches on him. But I'd take him to beat her 11-0 one on one every time until he gets bored.

South Carolina is in a league of their own. The Maryland coach was asked what made them so special, her answer was they have 5 players on the bench that could start for us. Not knocking the Hawks but we are not in SC'S class. However, that is why you play the game.

Hawks might surprise you

We shall see how Maryland plays them

If they destroy them, I will be more worried

Maryland is a tough team

In a perfect world, the Hawks would play Maryland next Friday Night

Here's Hoping

When Amy Herrig played pickup games at the Dubuque YMCA her talent was about even with the best players on the court at the Y.

D-1 men would destroy her....and Caitlin. And Herrig was all B1G.

That said, it's Clark's ability to see the floor develop in front of her, her instincts, and her basketball IQ that really make her special.

And even that isn't enough to make up for what she would give away physically.

But who would win a game of 1 on 1 between her and Jon Lickliter?

Latest posts