Clark could Play for the Men's Team

longtimer

Don't know if she could play defense for the men? But on the other hand she might fit in well with our team! Offensively she can shoot and pass better than almost any men's player I have seen this year. And she is a tremendous Hot Dog. Really a huge thing for Women's basketball and her University

Don't know if she could play defense for the men? But on the other hand she might fit in well with our team! Offensively she can shoot and pass better than almost any men's player I have seen this year. And she is a tremendous Hot Dog. Really a huge thing for Women's basketball and her University
tremendous hot dog is interesting.... when men behave this way is just normal.

But if you are a female... well... get ready to get hated much more than any male player would.

Catlin tough huh? But stole BB... Well those Lady Hawks grind the Iowa way... Coach Bluder and staff work with players. A "team" of Hawks! Waay cool. Next.

tremendous hot dog is interesting.... when men behave this way is just normal.

But if you are a female... well... get ready to get hated much more than any male player would.
There are plenty of people who complain when men act like that. When those same people complain when a woman does, people pull the double standard card.

I'm genuinely curious is she suited up for the men what she would look like. Austin Ash? Little Lick?

There are plenty of people who complain when men act like that. When those same people complain when a woman does, people pull the double standard card.
Yeah sure sometimes people complain.

It is so commonplace for male athletes now however I hardly ever hear about it.

It's not the same... I'm not defending her actions one way or another.

You ever watch Steph Curry play?

He is a super hot dog and I never hear anyone hating on him.

I have debated this with some co-workers. I am comfortable saying she could play competitively with men at the NAIA/DIII level. Her shooting is other worldly and she is a good enough athlete to defend.

But, I watched the Creighton/SDSU game right before Iowa's game last night and the level of speed and physicality and size at the DI level would overwhelm her. She would be giving up 40 pounds of muscle to the guards she would go up against. Yes, she could probably get her shots off and score some, but defending would be the real issue.

Wondering this myself ...
The indisputable pros:
- She (along with Gabbie Marshall) actually do their job and MAKE wide open shots more than miss them.
** Not a single guy on the boy's team can do this, consistently.

- She actually works on her transition stop and bomb as part of her skill set.
** Again, for any given guy, there is no "go to" for this facet of the game plan. If there is, they're simply not very good at it.

- She doesn't overthink her entry passes. She is like a great QB and throws the pass to where the player should be in the designed play or general scheme of your offense. She's fearless, yet, completely understands her own and teammates' roles and positions.
** Outside of Connor and Fil, the boy's are generally very low IQ in terms of intra-team ball, let alone, the small things like positioning, timing, placement. Now, it helps that CC has been playing with the same teammates for 3 years! That just doesn't happen in men's basketball with so many defections ... unless you're a mid-major ... which is why this year's final 4 is so "un-blue" and teams like FAU are a pure pleasure to watch.

So, my argument for her playing with the boys ... In Fran's system - predicated on moving the ball to create wide open looks and / or simply scoring quickly in transition - she would easily score double just based on there being PLENTY of wide-open opportunities and shooting in transition.

On the other hand, you just have to pump the brakes simply due to the raw biology.
- Look, she would get eaten alive trying to create in a half court situation on offense.
** She might be able to get a couple step-back's off but the majority (ummm - ALL of) her looks would have to be created open-looks for her.

- Her Favre-like fearlessness would also be her achilles heel.
** Case in point, last night ... the gawdy triple double was almost a quadruple double with turnovers. Against men, she would be Ulis / Bowen level hated in that regard.

- She would get destroyed on defense. Period. However, as mentioned, this is status quo for Iowa boys, so, somewhat of a push in the overall argument.

It's a debate with merit, not just foolishness, however, it's tempered by the ol' "it's relative".

Yeah sure sometimes people complain.

It is so commonplace for male athletes now however I hardly ever hear about it.

It's not the same... I'm not defending her actions one way or another.

You ever watch Steph Curry play?

He is a super hot dog and I never hear anyone hating on him.
It's hard to compare a Hawkeye player to a pro player from a different state because we're hawk fans so we pay attention to what's said about Clark. I just know I saw a lot of people complaining about Bohannon's attitude and Connor's complaining about refs. Also, Clark is literally the most talked about woman's player in the country. More people talking means more people hating.

Clark is awesome, the GOAT, that said, I think a lot of dudes on this forum could likely beat her in a game of basketball. Maybe not straight up shooting, but she would struggle against any dude over 6 foot in a game of basketball.

Clark is awesome, the GOAT, that said, I think a lot of dudes on this forum could likely beat her in a game of basketball. Maybe not straight up shooting, but she would struggle against any dude over 6 foot in a game of basketball.
I think you would have to be at least small college talent to beat her. She'd roll random high school players I think. Especially over the hill ones that post on message boards.

I think you would have to be at least small college talent to beat her. She'd roll random high school players I think. Especially over the hill ones that post on message boards.
Yeah, you'd have to be in shape .... which I can't exactly claim myself....but let's get real. I played against a couple of D1 girls back in my day and I wasn't good enough to play at even a small private school like Simpson or Morningside. I could beat both of them with one hand tied behind my back. Probably could beat both of them 2 on 1.

Yea, people need to keep it real. I think she'd be fine and hold her own, but I wouldn't expect her to take over the game if playing on the same level. She'd contribute but I think the size and athleticism and defensive speed could slow and neutralize her to a degree. I think a few more turnovers would increase which would bite into any production. I think she'd have to adjust as I don't think some of the usual passes would get to the intended target as easily, etc.. But, I think she'd adjust a bit and hold her own like many other players on a male team at the same level.

But I just appreciate her as a great women's basketball player, possibly the G.O.A.T.

She only played with boys until a certain age... mostly because of injury risks.

I know she enjoys playing against the boy's gray team in practice and I heard she talks mad shit.

Could she play with div 1 male athletes? nah... against your average played 10 min a game in high school.. yes.

Sorry, but how KC would compete with men gets my vote for the annual irrelevance award. I also find it to be insulting and sexist.
Huck, I am not trying to be sexist, insensitive or insulting. I believe in gender equality on all levels but at the same time, I can't deny the scientific genetics and truths.

Women and men are not the same biologically because of their primary reproductive hormones. It naturally makes men more aggressive. Men have increased muscle mass and strength, stronger bones, different skeletal structure, and better adapted cardiorespiratory systems for competing in sports.

I think she is the GOAT and the best women's college player of all time. So good. But if she were to play with the boys, are we using the girls ball or the mens? Cause those are different and aren't even equal. The girls play with a smaller one. Not equal at all. I would imagine the boys playing with a smaller ball might give them an even bigger edge.

Last edited:
Sorry, but how KC would compete with men gets my vote for the annual irrelevance award. I also find it to be insulting and sexist.

I also think it is insulting and not really a conversation that we need to have. But, CC should take it as a compliment when people try to think how she would play at a next level or against the best competition.

I get that it's different times and I am not trying to be sexist - but back in the day, they did this kind of stuff before we were all woke.

I am pretty sure both Williams sisters played an Australian guy who was like ranked in the 200's in his 50's and they both got absolutely destroyed, like not even close.

I get Tennis is a different sport, but those are two of the most dominant women athletes of our time.

I also think it is insulting and not really a conversation that we need to have. But, CC should take it as a compliment when people try to think how she would play at a next level or against the best competition.
I cant think of anything less insulting to a woman than having an actual debate on whether or not the woman is good enough to compete with the men.

Latest posts