CJF should be 2nd string TE

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
When he plays he plays. Holy cow he is fun to watch on the field.

Reisner has put in his time and deserves it, but I think CJ should be in the 2 deeps at the TE. Herman had a couple rough spots today - one of the holds was a bogus call. The dropped pass was trouble because of the rain, I get that.

If you get time to re-watch the series that CJF is in, do it.

I agree. I don't see Herman offering a lot more than CJF at this point and he is the future so play him 2nd string. Derby has been getting a lot of PT at the 3 spot also.

Spank, IDK if you can demote Herman or not. I mean he has done everything he is suppose to do. I think CJF is fine just where he is. Let him learn the O a little bit more and then next season he can compete for the starting job.

I'm lost, what did CJ do that deserves a promotion? Or is this a promotion based Herman having a shaky outing?

I respect your opinion but question trying to fix what doesn't appear to be broken.

I saw CJ throw a nice downfield block but I believe he jumped once before the snap and got penalized. Did he have any catches? He is a great athlete and will get his share of PT as the season evolves.

I wonder why you would demote Brad Herman? He has been doing a good job all year, strong blocking and some nice catches along the way. Just wondering.

IMO All our TEs look good and are contributing nicely.

I think Herman has been playing very well and is getting a lot of playing time in packages I wouldn't expect him to see, which leads me to believe he is practicing well. That holding call was terrible, he crushed the guy and in no way held him. similar to Eubanks vs. Northwestern last season only an even worse call in this game. He should have caught the pass but wasn't the only player to drop one in this game. CJ will get his time to shine this season.
BTW spank you have to try this beer from Newton Iowa. I will try to ship it to you.

I would assume KF is easing CJ into his role. I will not question KF in how he handles his players, he knows them better than I.

Herman had some great blocks today. He has more experience and knows what needs to be done. Obviously the coaches know what they are doing, leave it to them

I agree he is getting eased into the role. I think the biggest reason Herman remains #2 is he is a more consistent blocker day in and day out in practices. CJ will have his time to shine.

When he plays he plays. Holy cow he is fun to watch on the field.

Reisner has put in his time and deserves it, but I think CJ should be in the 2 deeps at the TE. Herman had a couple rough spots today - one of the holds was a bogus call. The dropped pass was trouble because of the rain, I get that.

If you get time to re-watch the series that CJF is in, do it.

Completely agree. He's going to be fun to watch these next few years.

Latest posts