CJB, himself, on his health

This could account for CJB's throwing behind receivers late in the Illinois game and going almost exclusively to the run.

Well for one thing the running game was plowing the field. Scratch where it itches. Also the third down pass dropped by J Smith was perfectly thrown.

Look, it's just a three second blurb from a kid, so I don't want to read too much into it, but that is exactly how folks justify making misstatements. I've seen it a thousand times - the more certainty levied on the back end of a knowledge qualified statement, the less I tend to believe whatever they say because they are trying to draw attention away from the knowledge qualifier. If someone says "I think the financial statements are correct" I don't think they're hiding anything, but if someone says "I think those financial statements are absolutely pristine and would leave a team of auditors at KPMG with no questions because they are so perfect" I expect that there is a missing reserve for 10% of the value of the company for product warranty claims or something like that. Maybe I am imputing CJ with a higher degree of intellect than he has and Billso is right.
Captain Brainiac with another know it all post.

CJ will play. I also have no doubt that Bitter Pat will tell his boys to do their best to knock CJ out of the game. Bastard.

C.J. Beathard knows that living in a fishbowl comes with playing quarterback at Iowa. Like Monday evening, when Twitter was alive with a rumor that Beathard had a sports hernia. Not true, Beathard said Tuesday.
“I had some friends contact me,” Beathard said. “I didn’t know where they heard it.”

Beathard is sore from last week’s 29-20 victory over Illinois.

“That’s just how it is,” Beathard said.

The pain is what he expected. “It’s almost a good pain sometimes,” Beathard said. “Because for three years I really hadn’t got hit since high school.”

Beathard said that many times the crushing hits aren’t as bad as they look. “Sometimes those big hits, you shake off easy,” Beathard said. “Sometimes it’s the smaller ones that hurt worse than you would expect.”

If CJB isn't 100%, he needs to be more than 50% to play - and hand off. If not, I'm thinking we need him for final 5 games and any playoff or bowl game. If he gets seriously rocked and misses rest of season, then we made a huge mistake. Be careful here, IA, and coaches!!

Well for one thing the running game was plowing the field. Scratch where it itches. Also the third down pass dropped by J Smith was perfectly thrown.

Teh mind fades -- was that the wide open drop in the end zone? CJB was a little behind the receiver on that one but it certainly seemed like a catch DJK would have made.

Teh mind fades -- was that the wide open drop in the end zone? CJB was a little behind the receiver on that one but it certainly seemed like a catch DJK would have made.

No, the most egregious drop was on third down when we were up by three; the possession before Illwhini fumbled. It was a perfect throw, hit J Smith right in the hands.

All because he grabbed his groin once when he got up, and some anonymous person makes a tweet. Did some of you not play sports? Here's a clue... It hurts!

All because he grabbed his groin once when he got up, and some anonymous person makes a tweet. Did some of you not play sports? Here's a clue... It hurts!

I've grazed the sack while tapping my pocket to check for my keys. It hurts.

Latest posts