CJ mentions Henderson

bit off topic, but when the guys asks him about getting ready for basketball and track, after playing in a game like the Army All-American game aren't those athletes now ineligible for other sports

In the past, attending this game has not taken away the eligibility of the athletes. Not sure why it would. I know that Ryan Bain went to competed in wrestling and Trey Stross in track. Had AJ Derby not "graduated" from City High early, he was slated to compete in basketball and baseball.

I think not playing other sports is something that is sometimes requested by the coaches but am in no way aware of any type of eligibility rule. In fact I seem to remember KF at one time saying something to the effect that he wants his recruits to stay active and enjoy their final high school days even if it means risking injury in other sports.

In fact I seem to remember KF at one time saying something to the effect that he wants his recruits to stay active and enjoy their final high school days even if it means risking injury in other sports.

In general, KF does take this stance. I'm sure he is OK with Derby coming but they do encourage their recruits to compete in other sports.

Latest posts