CJ > JBO

Fryowa

Administrator
I know some of you fanboys think Bohannon is the Ultimate Warrior, but I’m sorry...if this lineup comes back his days as a starter at Iowa are over. CJ’s numbers per 100 possessions are better in his freshman year, and better than JBo’s career numbers, and his win shares are way higher.

Last edited:
I know some of you fanboys think Bohannon is the Ultimate Warrior, but I’m sorry...if this lineup comes back his days as a starter at Iowa are over. His numbers per 100 possessions are better in his freshman year, and better than JBo’s career numbers, and his win shares are waaaaay higher.
I think they’ll play together a lot and I think they’ll both get a lot of minutes.

They are different players. What separates Bohannon is his ability to shoot off the dribble and from deep. He is more of a ball handler and passer than CJ. I love CJ and I would agree that CJ is a better player but Jbo is still going to be a very big piece next year.

You are smarter than that. Don't embarrass yourself. Garza isn't the same player this year as in past years. Have someone that dominating it makes everyone look better. Imagine JB on this team. Imagine the pressure off of Cook if he was on this team.

This year Fran looks like a genius.

I seriously thought you were smarter than that.

You are smarter than that. Don't embarrass yourself. Garza isn't the same player this year as in past years. Have someone that dominating it makes everyone look better. Imagine JB on this team. Imagine the pressure off of Cook if he was on this team.

I told you in the original post that you guys would scream from the rooftops about your JoBo.

I like this new aggressive side of you btw. It’s kind of attractive.

I never said Bohannon sucked. Fredrick is better.
But you did say he’d lose his starting spot. Which is odd because Jbo has played point guard for three years and Fredrick plays shooting guard. They both started in Vegas and our other non conference games after that.

I love CJ, the kid is a stud, and I agree he’s a better overall player than Jbo. If we had a healthy Jbo we’d be a legitimate threat to win the B1G and make a deep tourney run. I’m glad we will have both next year.

I never said Bohannon sucked. Fredrick is better.

Over bball player, not sure I've seen anyone say different. Taller, quicker, better defense.

In per deep shooting I still gotta give jbo the advantage only because he proven it over time. That said, CJF is a pure shooter and has a a bigger offensive arsenal.

Sure would like to see both of them, JW, Garza, and Toussant all on the court together.

Jbo being able to just be a shooter....with Garza, CJF, JW all demanding attention, and Toussant being able slash....

Boy howdy.

This team would be better with Healthy JBo.

Jordan would be great on this team fully healthy. Another guy to clear up the lane for Garza.

Cook on the other hand, I'm not sure. Would he accept a role kinda like JT without the ball handling part? Play hard, rebound, defend, and watch the offense go through Garza, JW, CJ & JBo?

Moot point...The comparison is Jo Bo vs JoeT or C-MAC, not CJ.

IF all see the light of the potential run and return next year ( ohhhhh, Billy, Billy, Billy)
The key 5 are Luka, Joe Vies, CJ, JoBo and JoeT.

That’s 65 points - chalk - without even counting whatever C-Mac, Ogundele, P-Mac(prayers), Nunge and the rest might chip in, let alone the spacing on the floor.

JoBo and CJ should be on the floor together as much as possible.

If everyone returns I suspect Connor, Jordan, Toussaint, Wieskamp, Garza and CJ are going to play heavy minutes. The other 2 to 4 guys in the rotation will share what’s left.

I’m not comparing any of them. They’re all Hawks. They’re all good. And I enjoy watching all of them play. What’s more important...I think they enjoy playing together and just want to win.

I know some of you fanboys think Bohannon is the Ultimate Warrior, but I’m sorry...if this lineup comes back his days as a starter at Iowa are over. CJ’s numbers per 100 possessions are better in his freshman year, and better than JBo’s career numbers, and his win shares are way higher.
Possibly. But I still want JBo in the game in the closing minutes to get fouled and make clutch free throws.

Both great shooters, but JBo perhaps slightly better shooter. However CF is bigger and more athletic. I can only imagine having CJ JBo Weisy and Luka on court together. Hello 1987!

Fair point, "fanboys" shade aside.
As an unabashed JBo fanboy I give you this. We've had zero PG play on this team for several years except for the truly exceptional ballhandling Bohannon has given. Without him the two previous years would have been true shit. CJ is a better shooting guard. But you've drawn a poor comparison.

Latest posts