CJ Fiedorwicz WILL visit Iowa

Holy cow, he runs like a deer in that reverse. I can't wait to see how this plays out, but as of right now I'm liking Iowa chances.

IIRC Iowa had been recruiting CJ for several months, Zook swooped in and swept him off his feet after only a month or so worth of Illinois recruiting, and here we are today. So I don't think it compares well with other situations where a recruit flip flops.

That's all good in well but to me it just sounds like a fan trying to justify it. Once again, I have no problems with it. I just know there will be fans complaining come January when another coach is doing the exact same thing as Ferentz is doing now

Any chance this kid moves to DE? With that size and speed, he could be a sack machine, plus if Derby played TE, we may be able to get a win-win. Though, Derby throwing TD passes to this kid would probably be even more awesome.

After watching that video, all I have to say is wow! That kid is a monster. He could definitely show some extra effort with things like down-field blocking, but that's just being nit-picky. He is an all-around player. A 6-7 TE running reverses? A 6-7 TE catching punts? The coaches at Iowa will turn this kid into a Mackey candidate quick.

The great news is that Zook will be back. The Illinois AD will retire in June. The new AD will pick the coach. We don't want Brian Kelly at Illinois. Brian Kelly is further proof that Jamie Pollard is an idiot.

I think it's a little premature to call Iowa TE U. I would say Miami is TE U. Miami has had 4 TEs drafted in the first round of the NFL draft this decade. Bubba Franks was 14th in 2000, Jeremy Shockey was 14th in 2002, Kellen Winslow II was 6th in 2004, and Greg Olsen was 31st in 2007. Here is a Rivals article about TE U. They say it's Georgia, but list Iowa as a runner-up.
http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=534689

Would be a solid get for Iowa and you guys are right, what TE wouldn't want to go to Iowa? Especially if they are comparing it to Illinois!

With that said I am going to postmark this thread and when somebody complains about another coach going after a Hawkeye verbal commit....I am going to be the first to show that it goes both ways! : )

Thanks man!! Great post!! ;)

There is far too much of 'that' complaining going on....

Latest posts