CJ Fiedorwicz WILL visit Iowa

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Rob Howe of hawkeyeinsider.com is reporting that CJ will indeed visit Iowa City on November 7th, for the NW game. He said the way Illinios is playing right now is embarrassing.

Wow.

Here is a write up with a video with some highlights of the kid: LINK

Love the Illinois jab. I think Jason Ford and others who spurned Iowa for Illinois are regretting their decision too. You have to be. You don't win and you don't get coached at Illinois.

Yes, the distinction between U of I and U of Illinois is quite a big one. Changes the story a little. This is good news.

Check out the first play on this video...a 6-7 TE running a reverse and running like that? Wow

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKmlOJ0P5o&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - JHS vs Dundee Crown Week 3 Highlights[/ame]

I love it. I hopes he doesn't waste any more time with this silly commitment to the Illini. Come to Iowa CJ...if there's one thing we do well on offense, it's put the TE's into the offense and make great use of them.

I would normally say, "This is sad". And things at Illiniois ARE sad. But if we were to get CJ, I must admit, it would come with a certain satisfaction. And seeing Ford, Ellington and Sanni, et. al., playing for a 1-5 team IS somewhat gratifying. The way Ford treated IOWA was nothing short of "disrespectful". For it to bounce back at him is a form of poetic justice.

It's even better when you realize he would NOT have started last year, but MAY have started this year. But, hey, the Illinois RB job is his to lose the next couple-plus years...as if it matters.

I think this is all we needed............for him to make the trek to IC. I'd be shocked if he does not committ shortly after his visit.

Personally, I think he is the single most important recruit in this class for Iowa to get. We all have seen how important an elite tight end is for this offense. Iowa can get by with Reisner at TE but they are much better when Tony is on the field. It would be the same thing next year. Iowa could get by with Reisner and whoever else steps up in fall camp to be the #2 TE but IMO they'd be much better with Reisner and CJ.

Would be a solid get for Iowa and you guys are right, what TE wouldn't want to go to Iowa? Especially if they are comparing it to Illinois!

With that said I am going to postmark this thread and when somebody complains about another coach going after a Hawkeye verbal commit....I am going to be the first to show that it goes both ways! : )

With that said I am going to postmark this thread and when somebody complains about another coach going after a Hawkeye verbal commit....I am going to be the first to show that it goes both ways! : )

I don't think this is an issue of the Iowa staff "going after" CJ even though he had committed. I think it's more a case of CJ seeing the product on the field and having second thoughts. A kid is able to change his mind...but nothing was instigated on the Iowa football staff.

I don't think this is an issue of the Iowa staff "going after" CJ even though he had committed. I think it's more a case of CJ seeing the product on the field and having second thoughts. A kid is able to change his mind...but nothing was instigated on the Iowa football staff.

Ohh. Ok.

Listen I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. Coaches have to do it to compete with good recruits. I am just saying that you shouldn't be so naive to really believe what you just said.

Good luck to Iowa getting CJ. Looks to be the next Hawkeye great TE

Would be a solid get for Iowa and you guys are right, what TE wouldn't want to go to Iowa? Especially if they are comparing it to Illinois!

I understand what you are saying. I have covered & followed recruiting for a decade. To some schools, its the old Jerry Tarkanian model; you start to recruit a kid once he commits because then you know your competition.

I know that the Iowa staff has and will recruit kids that have verbally committed to other schools, with this one and important caveat; they feel that the kid is not firmly committed. And they know this by speaking with the high school coach. If the coach tells them the kid is firm, Iowa is done there. If the coach gives them the indication that it's not over, then they do not stop communicating.

Ohh. Ok.

Listen I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. Coaches have to do it to compete with good recruits. I am just saying that you shouldn't be so naive to really believe what you just said.

I'm sure there are coaching staffs out there that have no shame and will continue to pursue kids who have given their verbal to another school...it just doesn't seem like something this staff would do.

Who knows...maybe I'm way off base. In that case, ignorance is bliss.

Ohh. Ok.

IIRC Iowa had been recruiting CJ for several months, Zook swooped in and swept him off his feet after only a month or so worth of Illinois recruiting, and here we are today. So I don't think it compares well with other situations where a recruit flip flops.

Latest posts