CJ Beathard - Wow!!!

ChosenChildren

That was the best 4th quarter by an Iowa QB in a big game since some other guy wore #16 in the 1980s.

Ferentz, hopefully, will cut this kid loose. He is SPECIAL.

Agreed. Though I don't want CJ to have to run quite that much going forward. His play was the absolute difference.

He has a grittiness that we have lacked in that position since Stanzi. A really tough kid.

I agree, of course, that he shouldn't run a lot....we can't afford to lose him. But, wow, he has some wheels

CJ will do what he has to to try and win.

Which is great and what we want. Absolutely want to see some designed runs. But I want them, not out of absolute necessity. He carried the offense a little more than I want him to have to.

He was magnificent, running and throwing.

I TOLD YOU SO

last year

ive got an eye for QB talent. I can tell after seeing about a dozen plays whether they've got "it." A select few QBs have a situational awareness, an instinct coupled with talent which renders them elite.

Beathard is one of them.

Last year at Pitt I knew he had it, which is why I was so piss3d every time Pre Med Candy Arm trotted out onto the field instead.

If Beathard had a couple of burners at WR, he'd put up obscene numbers, even within this offense.

He's started three games too. He plays like a kid who has alot more experience than three starts. He stuck with it when things weren't going well...and he made throws that the other guy we had could never make. I'll say it...we lose if we still had Rudock as our QB. Just saying. Damn...we need a speed guy like Powell this year. Meercat did well...had a great game, but putting more speed on the field would open things up for everyone.

He's started three games too. He plays like a kid who has alot more experience than three starts. He stuck with it when things weren't going well...and he made throws that the other guy we had could never make. I'll say it...we lose if we still had Rudock as our QB. Just saying. Damn...we need a speed guy like Powell this year. Meercat did well...had a great game, but putting more speed on the field would open things up for everyone.

Yea it's kinda a cruel joke to have the speed we had last year with Rudock and the speed we have this year with Beathard. Oh well, at least we have Beathard.

How many times did he feel the pressure and buy time to make a great throw. Ruddick would have thrown the ball on his first read or been sacked countless times. No way he would have won this game. What a joy to watch but it should have started a long time ago.

Agree with all of the above. His teammates really respond to him, as well. Good on Ferentz for making that call last January. Doesn't matter why he did make the call, he just did.

Awesome game and a solid 4th quarter but one great quarter in two games against crap teams is not good enough. We have no threat downfield. They way we have been running the ball should open things up and its not.

Deace tweeted that for how happy he is as a Michigan fan to have Rudock Iowa doesn't win yesterday with him

Yay, we finally have a QB with TWTW!!!!

I'm going to give some credit to Riley McCarron on that 2nd touchdown pass. It was one heck of a throw but it was one hell of a catch. He must have grittiness and TWTW as well!

The underhand shovel last week, talking to D-Lineman after he gets planted, throwing on the run, rocket arm, scrambling..... CJB is the Brett Farve of the Big Ten!

Don't need to keep comparing CJ to Rudock we all knew CJ's potential was higher than Rudock's. Good luck to Jake and let's hope CJ can stay healthy all year and keep building on getting better each game.Go Hawks

A cyclone fan friend of mine was talking in the 2nd half about the game. He said he was impressed by the ISU defense, and the fact that 'your QB' thinks hes Tebow.

I think thats some decent praise in between the lines. (Note: this was when the game was either 17-10 or 17-17, so the ISU defense had been doing an alright job up until this point)

Don't need to keep comparing CJ to Rudock we all knew CJ's potential was higher than Rudock's. Good luck to Jake and let's hope CJ can stay healthy all year and keep building on getting better each game.Go Hawks

I truly wish the best to Jake..he did everything he could..good kid...win/ win for everybody I think

Yea it's kinda a cruel joke to have the speed we had last year with Rudock and the speed we have this year with Beathard. Oh well, at least we have Beathard.

Not to mention, our pass blocking was also much better last year. CJ is averaging 8.7 ypa which is very good and where we want to be. Much better than JR. Should help open up the run game to.

Latest posts