CJ Beathard - How Players Mature.

MelroseHawkins

Boy how they grow up from coming in as a freshman to maturing as a senior.
541e0c220903a.image.jpg

It was like he needed to find himself when he came in. He seemed a bit care free and loose with the long blonde hair (Sunshine).

Now he carries himself as a professional in a very business-like way. He has total respect from his team and coaches and now embraces the leadership role and ready to lead his team. He now seems reigned in and very focused on the task at hand. Again, very business-like. He says the correct things during interviews. A complete professional.

c.j.-beathard.jpg

The boy came in carefree with long blonde hair, no reponsibilities, and a brash mouth.
He left a man with an office haircut and a baby.
Iowa did that, it did, and still does.

--top of the charts country music song in 2017

The boy came in carefree with long blonde hair, no reponsibilities, and a brash mouth.

Nice way to slip that in. Smoooooooth.

You did not read any of the thread from last week on CJ where it became way off topic, political, nonsensical rubbish?

I'm not saying this one is there yet. I'm saying it could head that way. And if it does, it will be deleted.

Fair enough. I agree if it gets to that but I hope not. I was just pointing out how far players come in four years, how they turn into men before they graduate. CJ looks so put together and business-like with his leadership. Could say the same for Desmond.

Fair enough. I agree if it gets to that but I hope not. I was just pointing out how far players come in four years, how they turn into men before they graduate. CJ looks so put together and business-like with his leadership. Could say the same for Desmond.

I'm in no way blaming you or calling you out for starting the thread. It's an observation based on where we've been on this board recently. We really need the season to start.

I am pretty sure the hair was grown out long enough so it could be donated. Ot really the act of an immature person .

What I will say about his maturation is that when he first started to see playing time he seemed to always try to rip one down the field regardless of the game situation. It kind of felt like a kid saying "Hey coach, look how far I can throw it.". It was when he started to play more situationally aware that he truly became a threat to overtake Jake as a starter. He matured a lot from the start of that season to the bowl game.

I am pretty sure the hair was grown out long enough so it could be donated. Ot really the act of an immature person .

What I will say about his maturation is that when he first started to see playing time he seemed to always try to rip one down the field regardless of the game situation. It kind of felt like a kid saying "Hey coach, look how far I can throw it.". It was when he started to play more situationally aware that he truly became a threat to overtake Jake as a starter. He matured a lot from the start of that season to the bowl game.

On the other hand, opposing teams weren't really concerned about Iowa doing that until then. Maybe it was a good read, which is does do well.

Already a billboard #1 to me!

Latest posts