Chuck Long?

i dont think kf would want him back. i have heard he wasnt very well liked when he was here. maybe he has changed but we will see. i sometimes think chuck is the classic great player makes a bad coach type.

Chuck made some comments fairly critical of the "bare cupboard" theory shortly after leaving Iowa (compared number of 1999 season players drafted at Iowa vs Oklahoma, making the unspoken comparison between Stoops and Ferentz's first years on the job). KF has a long memory--Chuck will not be the new OC.

One last time...

Long was QB coach when KF got here. After the first year, KOK said he wanted to work with the QBs. KF let KOK get his way and Long was gone. That had something to do with his comments. It really didn't end well.

i dont think kf would want him back. i have heard he wasnt very well liked when he was here. maybe he has changed but we will see. i sometimes think chuck is the classic great player makes a bad coach type.

I think this (the last line) is the case. He looked good at OU, but he was working with an awful lot of talent there. Almost anyone can look good as an OC at Oklahoma.

Bottom line: there's a good reason for him being available right now.

One last time...

Long was QB coach when KF got here. After the first year, KOK said he wanted to work with the QBs. KF let KOK get his way and Long was gone. That had something to do with his comments. It really didn't end well.

Ferentz wasn't into titles for coaches and had Long do more than just QB's. Long was also the special teams coach when he wanted to be just a QB coach.

I also think Long was a little mad he didn't get the Iowa head job when Fry retired. He name was in the mix.

Yeah, there was a lot to it. But, suffice it to say we both agree that it didn't end well.

Just makes no sense to consider him an option.

It's like I tell my foolish friends, "She's the EX-wife for a reason!"

Latest posts