Chris Fowler can Kiss my _ss & go to...

ESPN has a invested interest in the SEC. The SEC bias is not a joke its just product protection by espn. The Big10 has a network that is bringing in huge amounts of money plus Big10 teams are not as flashy as other teams so it doesnt make for good highlights.

The dumb thing for ESPN is that they have a vested interest in the Big Ten as well...ESPN paid a lot of money for the Big Ten contract not too long ago. Ripping the Big Ten is the worst thing ESPN can do...it will simply push the Big Ten away from ESPN and toward the Big Ten Network (and a new national contract with Fox - who owns half the market share of the BTN btw). Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State are three of the top five teams in the country when it comes to driving TV viewership....dogging on the conference that those three teams are in isn't exactly a good market strategy...especially in a year when the Big Ten is going to be a pretty damn strong football contract.

I've been done listening to those ESPiN tools happily kneeling before the SEC for several years. You are right, they are unprofessional and never miss a chance to show how butthurt they are that the Big Ten has it's own network and it is creating huge waves upon the college football waters. Choke on it, ESPN!!

This is one of the main reasons I listen to DP every weekday morning. He clowns on the jerkoffs from ESPN all the time. It's very refreshing

I still don't by the ESPN anti-Big Ten conspiracy. That would be stupid considering they show Big Ten games all the time.

Yeah, I'm with you on this........Did Fowler take some subtle jabs at the Big Ten? Yes. Not that big of deal....not enough to forge this whole anti-big ten conspiracy.

You can bet there will be a "Joe-Pa/PSU" slant in tonight's game. Iowa needs to come out BIG and roll em'.

You mean like last year when it was time for PSU to make things "right"?...

meh in the long run as more go to their own networks SECpn is hurting it self. B10 has the largest nation wide fan base, more and more will no even turn SECpn on. I don't at least for the pregame crap. game day blows

ESPN is still butthurt over the fact that the BTN is very succesfull, and that most conferences are going to form their own networks thus cutting ties with ESPN. Eff them and theirs.

Well, the Big Ten has every intention of renewing the ABC/ESPN contract in a few years, so there's no real 'cutting of ties' here.

And most likely, the other conferences will emulate the Big Ten: create their own networks to make sure that all of their games are televised, while the networks (ABC, CBS, maybe even FOX) and ESPN still get the best match-ups.

However, the way ESPN treats the Big Ten on air at times, when they're a major and prominent partner? It's just plain unprofessional, period.

People like him only want to see huge scores and offensive shootouts. They can't appreciate defenses and power football.

Let me preface this by saying that, at the top I think the Big Ten may be the best conference in the country. They have 3-4 teams that ruin the conference though.

Having said that, the Big Ten isn't the only conference that plays defense for crying out loud. I don't really think there is a question that more talent lies in the SEC. I don't necessarily think that makes them better, but it is a fact. Look at how many players those guys put in the NFL. It's a ton.

Well, the Big Ten has every intention of renewing the ABC/ESPN contract in a few years, so there's no real 'cutting of ties' here.

This. It is not the goal of the Big Ten Network to be the sole rights holder. The Big Ten still has a 10 year, $1 billion deal with ABC/ESPN that runs through 2016. And Delany is on record that he wants a continued relationship with the major networks, including ABC/ESPN and CBS.

you know where. Anybody else catch Gameday this morning. He's just spent the last 1/2 hr making sh-t of the Big10. First making crap of the lumbering style of the Big10 along with snickering in the backgroud of he & the others. Herbsteit is a Big 10 sell-out now for ESPN. Then Fowler comments on how rigid the Big 10 is & how they just can't have any conference games in Sept. & making crap of their non-conf schedule. He commented that the Big10 got it done for the most part & snickered again saying "except for a couple games". Then why opposum man states to Fowler "You're just on fire today", Fowler snickers & states "I'm just so excited for the start of the Big10" obviously being sarcastic.

It was so unprofessional. One can totally see the animosity of ESPN/SEC & the Big 10. The are obviously trying to knock down the Big 10 to promote their SEC. Yes, I realize the Iowa game is on ESPN tonight, but it won't get as much attention on their cheesy show that the other night games get.

Pathetic & unprofessional. I'm pretty much done with them.

This kind of crap usually doesn't bother me & I just let it roll off me, but it just hit me wrong today & pizzed me off.

The Big10 has got to win the NC this year. One of the teams has to get it done just to stick it in ESPN's collaberative hole!!

showing his true colors again, just like when Iowa played OSU and gameday was here, as he was getting on the bus he said "see you again in 10 years". Every big 10 school should DVR this today and make signs every time a gameday comes to the big 10 saying "f*** you, Chris Fowler."

If he wants one of those exciting all-offense/no-defense games (B12 and P10), one of the snickered Big Ten openers is Michigan-Indiana, which should thrill him silly. You'll see 75 points in that game.

If he wants one of those exciting all-offense/no-defense games (B12 and P10), one of the snickered Big Ten openers is Michigan-Indiana, which should thrill him silly. You'll see 75 points in that game.

You just can't win against people with his mentality, if there is 75 points scored he will snicker about the lack of defense. It's like it is with the SEC homers - when they have a low scoring game it's because the D in the SEC is sooo tough - but when there's a low scoring game in the Big Ten it's because the offense is slow and plodding.

when they have a low scoring game it's because the D in the SEC is sooo tough - but when there's a low scoring game in the Big Ten it's because the offense is slow and plodding.

I can't wait to see the spin on the Tennessee/LSU game. :(

I can't wait to see the spin on the Tennessee/LSU game. :(

No way to describe that one other than "steaming pile", but you're right, the espin-heads will talk it up as an epic battle or something. :confused::eek::mad:

you know where. Anybody else catch Gameday this morning. He's just spent the last 1/2 hr making sh-t of the Big10. First making crap of the lumbering style of the Big10 along with snickering in the backgroud of he & the others. Herbsteit is a Big 10 sell-out now for ESPN. Then Fowler comments on how rigid the Big 10 is & how they just can't have any conference games in Sept. & making crap of their non-conf schedule. He commented that the Big10 got it done for the most part & snickered again saying "except for a couple games". Then why opposum man states to Fowler "You're just on fire today", Fowler snickers & states "I'm just so excited for the start of the Big10" obviously being sarcastic.

It was so unprofessional. One can totally see the animosity of ESPN/SEC & the Big 10. The are obviously trying to knock down the Big 10 to promote their SEC. Yes, I realize the Iowa game is on ESPN tonight, but it won't get as much attention on their cheesy show that the other night games get.

Pathetic & unprofessional. I'm pretty much done with them.

This kind of crap usually doesn't bother me & I just let it roll off me, but it just hit me wrong today & pizzed me off.

The Big10 has got to win the NC this year. One of the teams has to get it done just to stick it in ESPN's collaberative hole!!

Yes, the Tenn-LSU game was a never-ending display of offensive fire power. How exciting. Georgia, Tenn, LSU are not good and they will put you to sleep.

Latest posts