Chris Fowler can Kiss my _ss & go to...

MelroseHawkins

you know where. Anybody else catch Gameday this morning. He's just spent the last 1/2 hr making sh-t of the Big10. First making crap of the lumbering style of the Big10 along with snickering in the backgroud of he & the others. Herbsteit is a Big 10 sell-out now for ESPN. Then Fowler comments on how rigid the Big 10 is & how they just can't have any conference games in Sept. & making crap of their non-conf schedule. He commented that the Big10 got it done for the most part & snickered again saying "except for a couple games". Then why opposum man states to Fowler "You're just on fire today", Fowler snickers & states "I'm just so excited for the start of the Big10" obviously being sarcastic.

It was so unprofessional. One can totally see the animosity of ESPN/SEC & the Big 10. The are obviously trying to knock down the Big 10 to promote their SEC. Yes, I realize the Iowa game is on ESPN tonight, but it won't get as much attention on their cheesy show that the other night games get.

Pathetic & unprofessional. I'm pretty much done with them.

This kind of crap usually doesn't bother me & I just let it roll off me, but it just hit me wrong today & pizzed me off.

The Big10 has got to win the NC this year. One of the teams has to get it done just to stick it in ESPN's collaberative hole!!

It's almost like watching one of the cable news networks. Bias rules the day. They (ESPN) think this is going to help their network's interests. It is a big mistake. Herbie is the only one on their Gameday set that I still have some respect for. They can all go to hell as far as I am concerned.

I've been done listening to those ESPiN tools happily kneeling before the SEC for several years. You are right, they are unprofessional and never miss a chance to show how butthurt they are that the Big Ten has it's own network and it is creating huge waves upon the college football waters. Choke on it, ESPN!!

I've been done listening to those ESPiN tools happily kneeling before the SEC for several years. You are right, they are unprofessional and never miss a chance to show how butthurt they are that the Big Ten has it's own network and it is creating huge waves upon the college football waters. Choke on it, ESPN!!

That is exactly what it is & I was going to state it in my rant but forgot by the time I was done. It was never this bad until after the Big10 got flourishing. Once all the mainstream cable co finally picked up the Big10, they started to get nasty & take any jabs when they can. Seriously, they don't want Big 10 to do well, because they don't wan't recruits going to the Big10 instead of the SEC. I think this is why they take jabs & make crap of the Big10 on national TV.

They have to suppress the Big10 as much as they can. I hope it freaking implodes on them over the years.

They literally were making fun of the Wisconsin vs Mich St game & how it would be boring with the running games & defense. Fowler basically made fun of it & (paraphrase) "bring on the Big10 openers". The couldn't appreciate the two components of the game but brought sarcasim about them instead. It was pathetic!!

Eff 'em. I agree with you 100%. The SEC/USC/ND bias on that station is nauseating. I just watch BTN pregame show now in the morning. They have really improved from when they got going, very good analysis now. They actually break-down games!! I guess we can only hope the big, slow, dumb bigten teams can hang with the might $EC come bowl season.

I lost all respect for Fowler and the Gameday guys after they proclaimed the 2005 USC team the greatest team ever before the Rose Bowl with Texas. Watching Fowler say with a straight face that that USC team which barely beat Fresno St would have no problem with '01 Miami or '97 Nebraska was just ridiculous.

People like him only want to see huge scores and offensive shootouts. They can't appreciate defenses and power football.

It's almost like watching one of the cable news networks. Bias rules the day. They (ESPN) think this is going to help their network's interests. It is a big mistake. Herbie is the only one on their Gameday set that I still have some respect for. They can all go to hell as far as I am concerned.

Your talking about MSNBC, right.

The only way to make Fowler eat his words is by winning on the field.

ESPN is still butthurt over the fact that the BTN is very succesfull, and that most conferences are going to form their own networks thus cutting ties with ESPN. Eff them and theirs.

BTN has become way better then ESPN, the coverage is fair for all teams and really showcases the conference well. Too bad ESPN just cant let it go.

Last edited:
I gave up on ESPN College GameDay in '07. ESPN knocking the Big Ten is not surprising though. They have the "SEC Network", and almost every other conference except the Big Ten. I'll watch the BTN pregame and I have no use for ESPN's show.

The only time I watch Game Day is if Iowa is involved (even that is hard to get through the entire show). Really the only time I ever have any espn channel on is for Iowa games and Baseball.

fowler is a total fraud and a frankenstein lookalike.
he is a colorado boofalo, in case anybody is confused by his sec-wannabeism.
Imagine being a colorado grad/fan over the past decade or two - that program has been one embarassing, high-profile scandal after another, and unlike other cheating programs, they don't win sh!t. Their students are morons, and their fanbase is tiny and rarely sober.
Now they're in a state of flux as they head to the pac-10, where they'll continue to be a doormat for years to come.
I'm not letting fowler off the hook by any means, he's always been a windsock for the flavor of the week. He's a complete cardboard doosh.
But imagine how much crap he must get from guys like herbie and des howard (and probably even feeble old corso) for being a buffalo terd. I think this is why he childishly lashes out at the BIG TEN.
As Hawke said above: choke on it, wooden-boy chris failer.
:mad:

I still don't by the ESPN anti-Big Ten conspiracy. That would be stupid considering they show Big Ten games all the time.

You can bet there will be a "Joe-Pa/PSU" slant in tonight's game. Iowa needs to come out BIG and roll em'.

I hope fox wins the bidding war for the Big Ten's next TV contract....that would be great. ESPN wouldn't be so quick to talk **** after seeing how many TV viewers they'd lose by dumping the Big Ten.

I knew that ESPN was a joke and had lost all journalist integrity as a source for sports news on the morning of the Orange Bowl.

I had Sportscenter on for almost an hour. You would think that since it was a BCS game they might have had a brief mention, but since it was on a rival network it wasn't as important as the GMAC bowl with Central Michigan and Troy. Since that was on ESPN they did talk about that. :mad:

ESPN has a invested interest in the SEC. The SEC bias is not a joke its just product protection by espn. The Big10 has a network that is bringing in huge amounts of money plus Big10 teams are not as flashy as other teams so it doesnt make for good highlights.

The only time I watch that 4-letter network is for an actual sporting event. I quit watching their other programming after they embarrassed themselves by partaking in "The Decision".

Latest posts