Chris Bosh Moving Picks

Hey, I called the reach in foul wrong, supposedly. I don't mind admitting that. If their only point is to clarify that I called the foul wrong, that still doesn't explain why James wasn't called for a foul against Durrant while he was in the process of shooting with less than 5 secs left. Still doesn't explain why these types of situations aren't covered in a sport that is already, IMO, suspect.

complaining about one missed call in the grand scheme of the game is pointless...whether it is at the end of the game or middle of the game. it is only one play. i know it should of been a foul but it wasnt called...heck durant didnt say that the missed call cost them the game. he said he should have made the shot. refs dont lose games or win games the players do. 1 call can change momentum but it doesnt ever win or lose the game because situations earlier in the game could of changed the situation if theyd been done differently.

each time something new is added into the replayable play then it makes another type of call the gray area that people say well lets look at this. that leads to another gray area and so on until the whole game is reviewable which it shouldnt be and would worsen basketball.

Maybe Mark Davis will make an appearence tonight, he's always good for a cpl quick technicals whenever he feels like he's not getting enough attention.

Well I for one am glad crawford is reffing. It'll give homer another reason to complain and God knows he doesn't have enough reasons to complain so that works well.

This is literally impossible to implement in basketball. Take the LeBron foul for example. No call, rebound Heat. They would have to stop play, on a play that could be used to start a fast break.

It will absolutely never, ever happen. In football, the ball is stopped, placed, everybody gets back to the line, etc. There is a noticeable stoppage after every play. That doesn't exist in basketball, and it can't exist in basketball.

Hypothetical situation time - OKC is up 95-93, what happens if somebody takes a shot like Durant, no foul is called, and there is a really long rebound that falls into LeBron's hands which would lead to an easy runout dunk to tie the game. However, as soon as LeBron gets his hands on it, play is stopped to review an obvious "game deciding" play. Well the game maybe was just decided, by a pointless review.

This is why it can't exist in basketball and why it's a dumb, dumb, dumb idea.

I'd really like you to address this post Homer. You totally ignored it for probably very good reasons. I'd hate to interrupt your derpfest though.

This is literally impossible to implement in basketball. Take the LeBron foul for example. No call, rebound Heat. They would have to stop play, on a play that could be used to start a fast break. It will absolutely never, ever happen. In football, the ball is stopped, placed, everybody gets back to the line, etc. There is a noticeable stoppage after every play. That doesn't exist in basketball, and it can't exist in basketball. Hypothetical situation time - OKC is up 95-93, what happens if somebody takes a shot like Durant, no foul is called, and there is a really long rebound that falls into LeBron's hands which would lead to an easy runout dunk to tie the game. However, as soon as LeBron gets his hands on it, play is stopped to review an obvious "game deciding" play. Well the game maybe was just decided, by a pointless review. This is why it can't exist in basketball and why it's a dumb, dumb, dumb idea.
I'd really like you to address this post Homer. You totally ignored it for probably very good reasons. I'd hate to interrupt your derpfest though.

great point bryce...you are right on with your assessment. this is the same in baseball as in football...proven stoppages in play that allow for easy checking where the stoppage doesnt become a "play" that affects the games flow and can fully ruin the style of the game. basketball is about the major quick change from offense to defense and back and forth and how teams/players can deal with that.

Latest posts