Chicago Sun Times writer Seth Gruen may need to be tested for workplace drug use....

Re: Chicago Sun Times writer Seth Gruen may need to be tested for workplace drug use.

Yep - missed it as I skipped over LLWS.

He said "the emphasis (today) is on playmakers" and Iowa lacks that. This is true that Iowa has few if any playmakers..but we'll see if it is the obstacle for 2014. We know that it was the obstacle in 2013

_ I get it.

Playmakers?

Because Minnesota and Illinois are loaded with Playmakers....as is Northwestern. ????

Sounds like this clown shoe sports writer is talking out both sides of his mouth.

Re: Chicago Sun Times writer Seth Gruen may need to be tested for workplace drug use.

Playmakers?

Because Minnesota and Illinois are loaded with Playmakers....as is Northwestern. ????

Sounds like this clown shoe sports writer is talking out both sides of his mouth.

I don't know about Illinois, but Northwestern at least has Mark, who is definitely a playmaker.

That more than a little shocking. I mean wow, talk about a crushing blow right before the season.

Have you been asleep for the past few days?

Have you been asleep for the past few days?

Just the opposite, actually. Just very preoccupied at work and had to pull a couple all-nighters this week. If a buddy hadn't texted me about it, I would have just found out about Ferguson sometime yesterday, too.

Just the opposite, actually. Just very preoccupied at work and had to pull a couple all-nighters this week. If a buddy hadn't texted me about it, I would have just found out about Ferguson sometime yesterday, too.
WOW! Get some rest Tork, the season is about to start!

I just hope the dickweed isn't right...

Let him eat his crow AFTER the season instead of slamming him now...("dickweed" commented exempt from "instead of slamming him now" consideration because I said it instead of someone else)...

I remember pulling some all nighters and still having to make it to work the next day, back when I was a young buck...I envy you, Tork and will re-live my youth through you for the foreseeable future. (As if I wasn't already doing that ever since the "soccer hottie/Jamie Printy" days)...

I can certainly understand not picking the Hawks to win the division. Wisky and Nebby will always be a tough out...no question. His pick is Nebby.

So maybe he picked the Hawks 2nd? Nope. Wisky in this slot.

3rd? Try again. Chicagoland's favorite son, Northwestern was the pick here.

Surely 4th then? Nope...it's Minnesota in this slot.

You gotta be kidding me...5th? Wrong again! Giant killer and future Hall of Fame coach Tim Beckman and his Fighting Illini are the pick here.

And in the 6 spot.....your Iowa Hawkeyes! Predicted to finish just ahead of our feared rival Purdue!

He may be right.

You may be crazy.

But it just may be a lunatic readers are looking for.

Turn out the light

Don't try to save him

You may be wrong for all I know

But you may be right

1. That guy is a troll.

Seems that way.

2. Firing a sports reporter for incompetence is hardly a violation of the FA.

Never said it was. I have always thought that calling for a sports writer to be fired for making a prediction (no matter how bad it is) is extremely lame.

I remember pulling some all nighters and still having to make it to work the next day, back when I was a young buck...I envy you, Tork and will re-live my youth through you for the foreseeable future. (As if I wasn't already doing that ever since the "soccer hottie/Jamie Printy" days)...

Those were such good times. Now Printy is married, and it's a sad reality for all the dreamers out there lol.

It worked for the OWH after they wrote that nonsense of an article about our fans & program back in April. I wrote the guys boss an email (just letting them know it's BS they are spewing to their thousands of readers) They have sense removed the article from their site. Then a month ago the same newspaper predicted Iowa to win the West. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_09e035a4-11c7-11e4-bae2-0017a43b2370.html

Just trying to keep people in line

Latest posts