Chicago St. OMG

1hawkeye1

Got tix for Chicago St and thought I'd do a little research.

In the last 30 years, they've had 1 winning season.

Going through their stats from last season was like a basketball nuclear winter. Was going to post more of their stats, but it is just abysmal. Here's a linky if you wanna check it out.

I REALLY hope this is the last season we schedule opponents like this.:confused:

Going through their stats from last season was like a basketball nuclear winter. Was going to post more of their stats, but it is just abysmal. Here's a linky if you wanna check it out.

I REALLY hope this is the last season we schedule opponents like this.:confused:

Chicago State played Wisconsin (51-69), Notre Dame (60-91) and Northwestern (64-68) among others just last season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/chicago-state/2017-schedule.html

Per this article (LINK), things are never going to change.

GO HAWKS!!!

This will be a mens and womens double hitter. The 5:00 Hawkeye challenge game vs Quinnipiac should be a good one.

I remember back when they hired Craig Hodges to be their coach. I thought maybe having a former NBA player would help make that program at least respectable. But it appeared he used the position to do more making statements than teaching, IIRC he showed up to games dressed in dashiki's. He didn't last very long.

Yeah, Iowa needs to get rid of these RPI killing games. If you need warm up games like this then schedule D2 opponents, they don't impact the RPI. Iowa gains nothing playing games like this other than tickets being sold for a half full arena (maybe 3/4th's since it's the first game).

They'll continue to schedule this way for certain now, going to 20 B1G games having the ACC/B1G Challenge, Gavitt Games, exempt tourney and a home and away with ISU. I expect every other game to be against really bad teams

I don't really have a problem with the schedule. I trust Fran and if this is what Fran wants to do, then so be it.

Besides, players and coaches need a time to see what they have and ease into their roles. Remember last year they began the season with Williams and Uhl in the starting lineup receiving 20 minutes a game.

Checked the FloHoops website and found the Womens game against Quinnipiac in the afternoon and other B1G games but the Chicago State game is not there.....

Have to scroll down for their Weekly Watch Guide.....

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6...ss-showcase-big-tens-peerless-prolific-guards

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10
Rice vs. Eastern Kentucky (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
The Owls lost a lot of scoring production and experience from last season, and it will be up to the likes of sophomores Ako Adams and Austin Meyer to elevate their games and get the season started on a positive note.

No. 20 Purdue vs. SIU-Edwardsville (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
Imagine a talented 7-foot big man surrounded by a group of lethal 3-point snipers. That's Purdue, and this brand of basketball should help the Boilermakers cruise past SIU-Edwardsville.

Illinois vs. Southern (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
It is time to usher in the Brad Underwood era in Champaign, IL, and it is important to keep an eye on graduate transfer Mark Alstork as the program looks to build back to national prominence.

No. 15 Minnesota vs. USC Upstate (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
The Golden Gophers have a host of big-time bucket-getters on their roster, and now one of the best teams in the country will put them on full display following two impressive exhibition contests.

Illinois vs. Fort Wayne (WBB) — WATCH LIVE
Much like the men's program, the Fighting Illini women's team welcomes a new coach in Nancy Fahey to help turn the program back around.

Penn State vs. Campbell (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
Shep Garner looked really sharp in the final exhibition game, but the Nittany Lions will need the sophomore trio of Tony Carr, Lamar Stevens, and Mike Watkins to set the tone early.

Iowa vs. Quinnipiac (WBB) — WATCH LIVE
Megan Gustafson is a star for the Hawkeyes and was just getting warmed up in a 22-point performance to close the exhibition season.

Maryland vs. Stony Brook (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
No Melo Trimble? No problem. The Terrapins have a lot of talent and a potential superstar in the making with Justin Jackson. This is only the beginning for good things to come.

Ohio State vs. Robert Morris (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
The first exhibition game of the Chris Holtmann era went without a hiccup, and now it's all systems go with an experienced roster looking to finish in the top half of the conference.

Wisconsin vs. South Carolina State (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
It might have been only exhibition games, but freshmen Kobe King and Brad Davison appear to be ready to make a major contribution to start the season.

Rutgers vs. City College Of New York (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
After playing St. John's in a charity exhibition game this past weekend, hosting CCNY is a bit of a downgrade in competition, but the Scarlet Knights now have a great game and exciting finish to keep moving forward.

Indiana vs. Indiana State (MBB) — WATCH LIVE
Archie Miller has had time to get his system in place, and now, with his full squad back healthy, it's time to let one of the summer's biggest splash hires to make Indiana a competitive force this year and beyond.

Penn State vs. Siena (WBB) — WATCH LIVE
The Nittany Lions are seeking to take the next step and compete with some of the best teams in the league, and this is a good time to prepare for the challenges to come.

WTF

:cool:

So with the women's game starting at 5, will I still be able to get into CHA 90 minutes before the 8PM men's tip??

There doesn't seem to be a Vegas line on this game. Was curious if it would be -30 or not.

Iowa is +22000 to win the national championship. :cool:

From my season ticket holders email:

Men's basketball will play Chicago State following the women's basketball game. You are welcome to stay for this event, however, you will not be permitted to sit in your women's basketball ticket location for the men's game. Women's basketball fans without a men's ticket will be able to sit in sections H-K above row 30 for the men's game.

I remember back when they hired Craig Hodges to be their coach. I thought maybe having a former NBA player would help make that program at least respectable. But it appeared he used the position to do more making statements than teaching, IIRC he showed up to games dressed in dashiki's. He didn't last very long.

Yeah, Iowa needs to get rid of these RPI killing games. If you need warm up games like this then schedule D2 opponents, they don't impact the RPI. Iowa gains nothing playing games like this other than tickets being sold for a half full arena (maybe 3/4th's since it's the first game).

...... then have to pay Chicago St.

At 7 pm on ESPN U, North Carolina plays at the Unidome. Panthers beat them 2 years ago.....

Going to watch that until the Hawk game is on.....

Latest posts