Check out these Roy Marble Jr comments

BigDaddy

"Southfield-Lathrup hoop king Roy Marble, Jr. is much improved from last season. The 6-6 Iowa-bound senior is averaging 28 points and 12 rebounds per game and showing a much more aggressive, attacking nature in his on-the-court demeanor. This increase in versatility will serve him well playing in the rough and rugged Big Ten Conference throughout the next few years. Marble, Jr. is a hardwood assassin with killer offensive-instincts that I compare to a local prep version of Reggie Miller or Ray Allen. In fact, I'm going to nickname him "Jesus Shuttlesworth", after Allen's cinematic alter-ego in the 1998 Spike Lee classic, "He Got Game." Living up to the comparison, Marble, Jr. scored 33 points – including four 3-pointers and four slam dunks points – and grabbed eight rebounds in the Chargers' defeat of Detroit Denby last Saturday night."

The Oakland Press Blogs: Burney's Bites

Marble.jpg

For those not familiar.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGW-36kQzNo"]YouTube- Jesus Shuttlesworth[/ame]

Sounds promising! If he's even half as good as his old man, he should be a nice addition to next year's team..

He is having a huge senior year. He is scoring much more this year compared to last year and should be a great addition for the Hawks next year!

Happy he's actually signed on the dotted line because I think he would be getting some attention.

From ESPN.com: • Roy D. Marble (Southfield, Mich./Southfield Lathrup) is a smooth and athletic shooting guard with great length. He scores to the arc and finishes above the rim in transition and along the baseline with a clear path. Marble will take his game, which is loaded with potential to the University of Iowa next year. His father was a star for the Hawks in the

Juwan Howard Jr. was alsomentioned in this article...

From ESPN.com: • Roy D. Marble (Southfield, Mich./Southfield Lathrup) is a smooth and athletic shooting guard with great length. He scores to the arc and finishes above the rim in transition and along the baseline with a clear path. Marble will take his game, which is loaded with potential to the University of Iowa next year. His father was a star for the Hawks in the

Juwan Howard Jr. was alsomentioned in this article...

could you post a link? Yes I know, i'm too lazy to get on ESPN.com and find it myself!!! SO excited for Mr. Marble and the fearsome foursome to suit up next year for the Hawks!

The comparison to Ray Allen might be a good one as Allen could score in bunches but wasn't extremely quick or a real high flyer. Allen's athleticism was certainly ok, but he made his living as a great shooter. Sounds like Devyn really has an all around game. If he is playing the point his handles must be pretty good. I figured Marble might be destined for a redshirt year because of his young age, but it is sounding more and more like this is a kid who can help us right away. Hope he continues to develop.

could you post a link? Yes I know, i'm too lazy to get on ESPN.com and find it myself!!! SO excited for Mr. Marble and the fearsome foursome to suit up next year for the Hawks!

You think your the only person that is lazy? The answer is no...however I will tell you it is from the headline story on the CBBall recruiting page...

Happy he's actually signed on the dotted line because I think he would be getting some attention.

That goes for most of this class.

Brust would have likely gotten some huge looks if he had waited, I'm so glad he was able to get with Lickliter and make a decision.

This class is pure quality. I realize it's not 1 or 2 in the Big Ten, but I would have a hard time trading for any other BT's class. All the kids that have signed fit nicely into the system and fill various needs that Iowa has. I really like this class. I think it's one that fans look back 3 years from now that say it turned around the program.

Interesting spank.

I always am amused when people fall so in love with an Iowa player or recruit (or recruiting class) that they muse how they wouldn't trade it for any other in the nation.

I realize you made reference to the top two classes in the Big Ten. I also realize you didn't actually say you WOULDN'T trade it for the top two in the Big Ten, but that you would have a hard time trading it. But what you said still intimates that you are so in love with the class that there is no reason to think of wanting a class that is probably ranked as one of the top in the country.

I know you will say you were talking in terms of the context of how our offense works and how these guys will fit into it, etc. But I would still probably trade classes with the best one in the Big Ten, regardless of who it is. And that isn't meant to dog these players. I am just one that would typically take the top class in the conference over the class we get most years.

But that is just me. I am logical about these things, not sentimental.

If everyone disagreed with my last post RE: trading classes, I would have no problem with that and couldn't fault them either. It's really just my opinion. I think this class is underrated coming in and it absolutely helps out Iowa in every area. Some might say Iowa needs a PG, I'm ok with Cully. I think he'll be just fine at Iowa.

I'm certainly not opposed to the class OSU brought in, it would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of the signees Matta brought in.

I completely understand if someone thinks I'm off-base in my post regarding the incoming class.

Jesus!!!! Jesus!!!!

I wonder if Marble Jr. got the same kind of attention from the ladies on his recruiting visits that Jesus Shuttleworth did.

:p

Thawki, you are correct I would trade the class for a Fab 5 any day of the week. The problem is we are SO bad this year any signs of hope make most of us giddy. Second, Lick's NEVER going to get a John Calipari or Rick Pitino type of talent so we've got to be about as good with better execution and discipline. In 2 years we should see the fruits of his recruiting labor...if not Lick's got to go.

This is a great recruiting class for Iowa, no doubt, but again, no point guard means that Iowa will have one huge gaping hole on the team next year as well.

Latest posts