Check out Loyola

Yep.

I have Loyola in the Elite 8. Wish I was that clairvoyant with the rest of my bracket.

But I don't mind that UMBC wrecked my bracket.

Virginia can go away now.

They move the ball without hesitation keeping their opponents off balance

Gotta watch those Missouri Valley teams in the tournament

They also play very solid D, making up for their lack of size inside

Really fun team to watch

Hope they can keep going

:cool:
Yes! Absolutely...

I've been waiting for Iowan to have more fun in March instead of sitting at home and watching Loyola show how is it done.What are we waiting for? I don't know how much my heart can take it anymore.
giphy.gif

One of the best plays you will see ...

Movement off the ball.. Jok was pretty good at it. I remember Haluska being pretty good at it and Horner finding him on similar plays. Defenders on weak side of the floor often get caught with their head turned towards the ball handler. That player almost didn't need the use of a screen the defenders head was turned the opposite way. Quick cuts and decisive passes can lead to open looks. Always has always will

So fun to watch and so well coached. They are just toying with K State.

Have we heard if Fran is getting that extension o_Obecause I know a coach that would look great on our sideline. THAT coach stays focused and is quite the tactician.:p

The difference is a team that loves and trust their coach and the coach loves them, did you see that stupid foul at the end of the game tonight the coach brought the freshman aside told him "gently " about his mistake and than gave him a hug and said keep playing hard Fran would be you stupid $@%*& what was that, and than the player feels like crap

The difference is a team that loves and trust their coach and the coach loves them, did you see that stupid foul at the end of the game tonight the coach brought the freshman aside told him "gently " about his mistake and than gave him a hug and said keep playing hard Fran would be you stupid $@%*& what was that, and than the player feels like crap
You’re throwing stuff that the players don’t like Fran? Got any proof?

How to treat a player like crap and kill their confidence is covered in Chapter 2. ;)

upload_2018-3-24_19-28-1.png

When you see a team like that with an all white backcourt, not exactly the most athletic group you'll ever see do what they've done all you can say is there's no excuses for us. There just shouldn't be any. In regards to competing and being in the top half of the league and at least going dancing I don't understand how we can have any excuses.

Before the season they'd have traded backcourts with us strait up. They would have traded their center for Cook strait up. Probably Garza too. There's just so much to be said for coaching at the college level and kids playing smart out there. When there's a kid out there that's dominating that's one thing but when your the team without a stud or two to lean on and your doing what they've done... It's borderline unexplainable even if you've watched it.

if you watch Loyola play, the players are constantly looking to the coach while they are on the court, not just for sets but for coaching, watch the iowa games if you recorded them and watch the players avoid looking at the coach. .watch the look of disgust often on Frans face, watch the look of teaching on loyola's coach. I was at a game behind the bench where Fran ripped into a player i can not repeat what was said or would be thrown off this forum, the player would not make eye contact. The player went on to have a horrible game. I don't pretend to know how players really feel. I just go by my gut feeling watching their reactions. Of course if they have a great season I will than say he is a great coach ;)

Some kids can take some harsh criticism, some kids can't. Some get mad and play their ass off, some keep it in their head all game. Every one is different in that regard.

Personally I could handle some yelling during game time, maybe a couple of times at practice, but consistent all the time I would not take.

Latest posts